Is the Whisper app not working for you? What are some of the troubleshooting steps and solutions that you can try?
Whisper is a revolutionary social media app that allows you to post and share content and interact with others anonymously.
Coming at a time when online privacy is nearly impossible, the application is a reprieve for many social media users.
Unfortunately, it is not immune to problems and can stop working from time to time due to various reasons.
Fortunately, it is possible to fix your Whisper application when it stops working – as long as you know what you are doing.
Below, we have compiled a list of common Whisper app issues and some troubleshooting tips and solutions you can use when the issues arise.
Common problems affecting Whisper
There are several reasons why you might be having problems with the Whisper App. Below is a look at some of the most common issues reported by the app users:
- Whisper app is not loading
- The chat feature is not working
- Whisper app notifications not showing
- Whisper the app not updating
- Can’t log in to my Whisper account
- Your Whisper account is banned
Whisper app troubleshooting guide
If you are having trouble using the Whisper application, below are some top troubleshooting tips for the problems listed above.
1. Whisper app is not loading
Is your Whisper up not loading when you launch it? Are you only getting a black or white screen when you open the application? Or is the app constantly crashing after it opens?
Don’t worry! The app not loading or failing soon after launching is one of the most common problems for users.
Below are some troubleshooting steps you can use to fix the issue:
1. Make sure your internet is working
Network connection problems are one of the main issues affecting the app.
If you are having network issues, you can connect your phone or computer to a different Wi-Fi or cellular network.
2. Close the app and relaunch it
Most of the time, you could be experiencing a temporary loading issue.
You can fix it by closing and restarting the app.
3. Clear cache and app data
A bug or a temporary glitch could be the reason why your application is not loading. Clearing the cache and app data can get rid of the issue.
However, be careful when clearing the app data, as you will lose any saved settings and data, including messages, photos, videos, etc.
4. Restart your device
If clearing cache and app data don’t work, you can try restarting your phone.
More often than not, this helps fix any issues on your device causing the app not to load.
5. Uninstall and reinstall the app
Your Whisper app could be corrupted, hence why it is not loading.
Delete the app from your phone and download and install the latest version from your app store.
6. Wait out the issue
The problem could be on the Whisper app server – it could be down or experiencing heavy traffic.
In this case, it is best to wait out the issue.
2. The chat feature is not working
Some users have reported cases where the Whisper messages are not working. Others have complained of their Whisper posts not showing up. If you are experiencing this problem, below are some solutions you can attempt:
1. Check that your internet connection is working
It could be that your network is slow, unstable or down.
Check that it is working correctly, and if not, switch to another network.
2. Clear the app cache and data
The app’s cache and saved data could be corrupted or have bugs. Clearing it is likely to resolve the issue and allow you to send messages and posts.
However, clearing the data means losing all saved messages, posts, and other data, so be sure to create a backup.
3. Update your app to the latest version
Your app could be acting out because it is out of date.
Go to the play store and update it to the latest version available.
4. Remove the app and install a new version
If the issue persists, it might be time to get rid of the app and install a new version.
5. Try posting or sending messages later
Whisper servers could be down or overloaded with traffic.
Wait a while (a few minutes to a few hours) and try posting or sending messages again.
3. Notifications are not showing
Are your notifications on the app not showing? Below are some tips on how to fix the issue:
- Make sure your internet is working. All features on the app need you to have a solid and fast internet connection. If you are not getting notifications, start by checking your network connection and settings.
- Enable notifications for your app on your phone. Your Whisper app notifications could be disabled, hence why you are not receiving them. Go to “Settings” on your phone, then “Notifications”, and check whether they are enabled.
- Enable app notification sounds. You could receive notifications but not realize it if you have muted them on your Whisper app. Go to the Settings section on the app dashboard and ensure the alert sounds are on.
4. Whisper the app not updating
Are you having trouble updating your Whisper application? Try these steps below to fix the issue:
- Check that your Wi-Fi/Cellular data connection is working correctly. If it is down or slow, it could be why the whisper app failed to fetch updates.
- Restart the app and your device. Temporary glitches and bugs can cause problems when updating your Whisper App. Closing and relaunching it can fix the issue. If this doesn’t work, you can try rebooting your device.
- Remove and install a new version of the app. Your app could be corrupted, hence why it is not updating. Instead of struggling to update, you can simply uninstall it and install a fresh and up-to-date copy.
- Download a new version of the app from a third-party source. Sometimes, you can have trouble updating and even installing a fresh copy of the app from your app store. In this case, you can download and install a Whisper apk file from one of the third-party app sources that you can easily find on Google.
5. Can’t log in to the Whisper app
Are you experiencing problems signing in to your account? Here are some troubleshooting tips to try:
1. Check your password
If you can’t log in to your account, chances are you have entered the wrong username or password.
Make sure you type in the correct username and password and check that you have used the correct letter case (uppercase or lowercase) for the password.
2. Diagnose your network
Check that your Wi-Fi or mobile data is working. A faulty network connection will cause you to have logging issues.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the app again
The Whisper App is anonymous and thus doesn’t ask you for your email address, nor can you sign in using Facebook or Google account.
Therefore, if you have forgotten the password, the best option is to delete your app and install it afresh. You will be asked to reset your login details when setting up again.
6. Is your Whisper account banned?
Has your Whisper account been blocked? Usually, accounts are blocked for violation of terms of service.
However, it could also be due to a myriad of other reasons, such as the detection of unusual traffic to Whisper bots flagging your account.
Below are some troubleshooting tips you can use to fix the issue:
1. Contact Whisper customer support
If your account has been banned, Whisper customer support might be able to help you.
However, there is no guarantee that they will restore your account, especially if it was blocked for violating the terms of service.
2. Factory reset your phone and install Whisper again
Whisper App uses the IP address and device blockage to ban accounts.
One way to bypass the ban is to factory reset your device, eliminating everything that can link you to your old account. You can then install the app afresh and start using it.
3. Change your device
Factory resetting does not always work, and you can find yourself blocked again, primarily if you use your old Wi-Fi or restore your phone data.
In this case, the best option is to change your device and install Whisper afresh.
Whisper is an excellent app for interacting with people without having to worry too much about your privacy.
Therefore, it can be pretty inconvenient when the application stops working, especially since very few anonymous apps like Whisper exist.
Fortunately, you can use the above troubleshooting guide and solutions whenever you experience a problem.