If you are using Facebook, you can create a dating profile to get started with Facebook Dating. Your dating profile will be different from your traditional Facebook account. After signup, you will access Facebook Dating from your current Facebook account on both iPhone and Android applications.
But some users have encountered problems when using this new service. First, you need to know how to enable Facebook Dating to get started.
If you have already enabled the service and it is not working on your Android or iPhone, you need to troubleshoot it to identify the primary cause of the problem. Generally, you are encountering issues with Facebook Dating because of several reasons.
Why Facebook Dating is not working
Some of the reasons that explain why the service is not working include:
- The service is facing a system-wide failure.
- You have blocked notifications.
- Your internet connection has a problem.
Luckily, you can solve most FB dating app issues in several ways.
1. Turn Location Services on
When setting up Facebook Dating for the first time on your phone, you must turn on Location Services. Facebook uses this option to show you suggestions of people you match based on your distance preferences. On your Android device:
- Go to the Home screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Select Applications.
- Scroll through to locate Facebook.
- Under Permissions, tap on Location.
- Toggle the option to turn Location Services ON.
If Facebook Dating is not working on the iPhone, here is how you can turn location services on:
- Go to the Home screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll through to locate Privacy.
- After tapping Privacy, Select Location Services.
- Tap to turn Location Services ON.
Alternatively, open the Facebook Dating app and tap on the Menu. Next, select Dating and then tap on Dating Location.
2. Facebook Dating is not available in your location
If Facebook dating is not showing up on Android or iPhone, it is because the app is not available in your location.
You can only create a dating profile if you live in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Singapore, Suriname, Thailand, United States, Uruguay, and Vietnam.
Also, the service is not showing up on your application because it is only available for adults who have a Facebook profile. If you are under 18, you will not use Facebook Dating.
3. Update the Facebook app
You need to update your Facebook app if the Dating service is not working. Also, updating the application is necessary if the Dating app isn’t on your Facebook account. The best procedure to follow is through:
- Visiting your device’s app store (App Store or Google Play).
- From here, click on any available updates for the application.
If there is an update, install the latest version.
4. Check your internet connection
Your internet connection could explain why Facebook Dating is not working on your iPhone or Android. If you are accessing through Wi-Fi, switch it off and then on again. Alternatively, consider using mobile data.
If you are using mobile data, switch to Wi-Fi and try again. You can also enable Airplane Mode on either iOS or Android devices and then disable it.
The option will refresh all connections and start anew. Once done, try opening Facebook Dating.
5. Restart your device
Restarting your device will help to refresh connections and assign more memory to Facebook Dating once you power on your phone.
- Hold the Power button for Android.
- Hold the Home button and the Power button for iPhone at the same time.
- Your device will restart itself.
Once your phone restarts, open Facebook Dating and try again.
6. Uninstall and reinstall the app
You can also try to remove the application from your device and reinstall it again. For Android:
- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Application.
- Select Facebook.
- Tap on Uninstall
- Tap and hold on the Facebook app for a few seconds.
- Once you see it “jiggling,” tap on the X icon.
After uninstalling, go to the respective application store, download the app, install it, and try again.
Other steps you can take to resolve the issue include logging out of Facebook and signing in. You can also clear app cache and cookies and try again.
Find ‘The One’ in just a few clicks
If Facebook Dating is not working, troubleshoot it by changing your internet connection from Wi-Fi to mobile data and vice versa. You can also turn location services on, clear app cache and cookies, and restart your device. Another solution is to update the app and check whether the Dating service is available in your location.