Tinder is one of the world’s most popular dating apps with over 26 million matches per day. It has a couple of exciting features payable by its premium users as well as other free and limited features.
If you’ve used the service without it’s premium or gold subscriptions, then you’ve probably encountered things like your swipes running out or the inability to reset a left swipe made.
This piece addresses clearly ways to navigate through the popular site, either through the mobile app or the website as well as how to clear Tinder cache and reset swipes.
How can I reset left swipes on Tinder?
In the event that you accidentally swipe left on a person you fancy and wish to revert the move then this could be problematic. For free users, this feature isn’t available unless you subscribe to their payable package.
However, the app sometimes shows you repeated users even in cases of left swipes. You’ll be able to see the same people you swiped left on after a couple of swipes.
Clearing Tinder cache and starting over
First things first, suppose you’re not getting as many matches as you’d like, then it’s probably best to start over. This means that your account needs refreshing and here’s how to do it:
- Open Tinder on your device
- Navigate to the Settings menu
- Tap on Delete Account and follow the steps in the prompt then return to the home screen
- Next, open your Facebook from any browser.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Websites
- Select Tinder, then proceed to click the Remove button
- Return to your device and sign in using Facebook
- Create a new profile on the dating app
How to delete and recreate a Tinder account
The following are the steps involved in deleting and recreating an account: –
Deleting a Tinder account
To delete your account:
- Open Tinder on your device,
- Navigate to the setting menu
- Click on delete the account and follow the steps in the prompt.
- You could go even further and uninstall the app from your device and remove the account from your Facebook profile as highlighted above
Recreating a Tinder account
Follow these steps to recreate a deleted profile:
- Create a brand-new Facebook profile, this time using a different email.
- Install Tinder on your device
- Log into Facebook, open the dating app and create a brand-new account
- You’ll input your number and an SMS prompt should arrive on your device with an access code
- Simply input the verification code and you’re good to go.
- Upload your picture, create a bio and swipe away to your heart’s desire
How to reset Tinder matches without deleting your account?
There is no button to reset your matches. However, all you need to do is to unlink the app and launch a new Facebook account that you’ll use to re-open a new profile.
Ran out of people on Tinder?
Here are some things you can do in case you receive the notification on your screen: “There’s no one new around you.”
- Try Reducing your search distance
- Try Reducing your age group range
- Widen your search distance and age group
- Log out and log into your account again
To maximize on finding matches, the best course plan would be to reset your profile and start again. You need to know how to reset your Tinder cache as well as your left swipes and hopefully, these tips have been helpful.