Sending anonymous texts from your cell phone has never been easier. Today, advancements in technology have made it easier to communicate without having to put your identity at risk. Whether you are just doing this as a prank or you are looking to protect your personal information, these methods will come in handy.
Before we show you how to send someone a message without your number showing up, here is a list of ethical reasons for hiding your privacy.
Reasons to hide your number while texting
Anonymous text messaging can come in handy in several situations. Below is a look at some of the reasons to send anonymous texts:
- Online dating: nowadays, people are venturing more and more into online dating in search of their soulmates. Unfortunately, the platforms are also filled with creeps who can become stalkers. Anonymous texting can protect you from the dangers that lurk in this world.
- To convey private information that you don’t want to be traced back to you. For example, leaking information about something to a family member, friend, your bosses, or even authorities, while protecting your identity.
- To provide negative feedback without opening yourself up to retaliation.
- Confessing uncomfortable or awkward information to someone
- Prank messaging: it can be hilarious teasing your loved ones with anonymous messages. Just don’t take it too far, or else you will land in trouble.
While anonymous texting can be beneficial, it can also be dangerous if used in the wrong way. For example, it can be used to bully people, threaten, or even harass them.
Never do any of these as they are spiteful and inhumane. On top of that, you can land yourself in legal trouble, and possibly even face criminal charges.
Top 3 ways to send anonymous texts from your iPhone or Android smartphone
If you are looking to message someone while hiding your number, use any of these three methods to send anonymous text for free:
1. Through email
Email to texting is one of the best ways to send an anonymous message. Some carriers around the world support the sending of the SMS directly from an email to their subscribers.
The method is free and is an excellent way to protect your privacy as you can use a fake email address. It can also come in handy when you don’t have a phone but want to communicate with your contacts.
So how does anonymous email to texting work? It is quite simple! Simply include the recipient’s number in the delivery address, followed by the carrier’s email extension. For example, [email protected].
Below are some of the top mobile phone carriers that support email to text service:
- AT&T – [email protected]
- Boost Mobile – [email protected]
- Metro PCS – [email protected]
- Sprint – [email protected]
- Ting – [email protected]
- T-Mobile – [email protected]
- Tracfone – [email protected]
- S. Cellular – [email protected]
- Verizon – [email protected]
- Virgin Mobile – [email protected]
For example, if sending a message to a Verizon subscriber, simply enter the recipient address as [email protected]. Then type your message (without a subject) and send it. It will be delivered like an ordinary text, but with no sender information.
2. Through incognito texting apps
Nowadays, you can find mobile apps for nearly everything, including incognito texting. With these apps, you can text someone anonymously from an iPhone or Android device, without worrying about your privacy.
Here are some of the free apps for anonymous texting:
- Phoner Burner texting and Calling App – Available for iOS
- Phone 2nd Phone Number – Available for Android
- Text Free – both Android and iOS
- Burner – both Android and iOS
- Text Me – Android and iOS
These apps are free, only requiring data connectivity to send the messages. To use them, simply download one from the app store, launch it, create an account, and start sending free texts.
3. Through anonymous texting websites
Aside from phone apps, you can also use online texting tools (websites). You can find lots of free ones, which are also easy to use.
The best thing is that with most of them, you can send an anonymous SMS without registration. Therefore, as long as you mask your online activity, you can maintain complete anonymity.
The best anonymous texting websites are:
To use the tools, simply open each URL on your PC browser. With some websites, you must sign up before you can use the severance.
However, with others, there is no registration required. Simply enter the recipient’s phone number and start sending messages.
Ready to send anonymous texts?
Anonymous calling has been around for a while, whether using USSD code, phone settings, or a calling app.
Now, with the above tools and techniques, you can start sending anonymous messages today. The best part is, not only can you protect your privacy, but you can also send texts for free.