MeetMe is one of the most popular dating platforms that makes it possible for strangers from any part of the world to date. Aside from meeting new dating prospects, you can also use it to meet people with similar interests, thus making lots of new friends.
But what if you are no longer interested in using the platform? With most social networking sites such as MeetMe, you post a lot of information, and as long as the profile is active, it will be visible to anyone with access.
3 ways to delete your MeetMe account
Luckily, if you no longer use the site, you can delete it, alongside any personal information. Below is a look at how to go about it.
1. How to delete MeetMe account from the website
There are several ways to delete a MeetMe account. The first one is through the platform’s official website, meetme.com. Below is a look at how to do it:
- Open the site’s URL address on your computer
- Log in to using your email and password or Facebook credentials
- Click on the Settings icon located at the top-right-hand corner
- On the settings page, click on the “Account Settings” option and then choose “Delete Account”
- Confirm your decision by entering your email and password in the prompted sections and then click “Delete Account” to complete the process
2. How to delete MeetMe account on mobile
Aside from the website, you can also cancel your profile on your Android phone or iPhone. For this, you will need to have downloaded and installed the MeetMe mobile app. Below is a step-by-step process on how to remove the profile:
- Launch the MeetMe app on your mobile phone
- Log in using your email and password or Facebook login information
- On the app’s interface, tap on the “ME” icon
- Select the “Settings” then “Delete Account”
- A pop-up notification will appear asking for confirmation. Tap on “Yes” and then enter your email and password to complete the deletion
3. How to delete MeetMe account without email
You need both your email and password to delete a MeetMe profile (first to log in, and then to confirm the decision to delete it). But what if you have forgotten either your email or password? How can you still remove the profile?
Well, there are two ways you can go about it. The first is to try and recover the login information using the “Forgot Password” option at the signup page. If this doesn’t work, send a message to the MeetMe Support Center with your details and profile name (username) and ask them to delete the account.
Are you no longer interested in using your MeetMe account? You can use the above steps to easily delete the account in just a few minutes. However, before doing so it is important to note a few things. First, every data saved on the account, from pictures to messages, friends lists, etc. will be lost. Second, the deletion is permanent and the account cannot be recovered at a later date.