PS4 has an integrated browser that allows you to browse the web or access content online.
As you continue accessing the internet or searching for terms, the device saves all your browsing history.
In the long run, this can cause an issue whereby your device runs slowly or fails to perform at its maximum capacity.
A solution would be to delete your entire PS4 browsing history and start afresh.
The first step of deleting the search history on your PS4 browser is to find it. Start by pressing the Options button on your controller.
You will then have to select Browsing History and then press the X button on the device. That will allow you to view your web browsing history on the PS4.
At this point, you can scroll through the list and select a webpage you would like to reopen, if necessary.
How to delete internet browser on PS4
To delete your PS4 internet browser search history:
- Launch the internet browser on your PS4.
- Press the Options button.
- Select Settings.
- Press X to select Clear Website Data.
- Press the X button on your controller to delete all browsing history.
Another method is to press the Options button as noted in the step above and choose Clear Browsing History from the menu that appears.
How to clear the cache on PS4
You can clear the cache on PS4 by following the steps below:
- Turn off your PS4. (Don’t leave it on rest mode. Otherwise, the process will not work.)
- Wait for the indicator light to stop blinking, which means it is off.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the device. Don’t unplug it from the wall.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back in the cord.
- Power on your PS4.
The process will clear the cache from the device. Understand that the steps above will also delete predictive text history on PS4.
How to recover deleted browser history on PS4
You cannot recover deleted browser history on PS4. However, you can restore the data you backed up in a USB storage device.
First, here is how to backup data on PS4:
- Connect a USB storage device you want to use for the backup.
- Go to Settings > System > Back Up and Restore.
- Select Back Up.
- Confirm the data you would like to back up. You will see a progress bar showing the current status of the backup.
- Customize the name of the backup.
- Highlight Back Up.
- Press the X button.
You can now remove the USB storage device containing the backed-up data.
If you want to restore the data:
- Go to Settings.
- Select System.
- Select Back Up and Restore.
- Insert the USB storage device that contains the backed-up data.
- Select Restore PS4.
- Select the file you want to restore. The system will restart and initialize.
- Select Yes to continue.
At this point, you have restored your PS4 data successfully.
Understand that you require an external storage device with at least double the storage space your console hard drive has to back up the data.
If you do not have enough space, consider selecting a few essential files.
How to clear search history on PS4 keyboard
You can clear the search history on a PS4 keyboard by following the steps for erasing the learning dictionary from the device. Here is how you can clear learning dictionary on PS4:
- Select Settings.
- Choose Initialization.
- Select Clear Learning Dictionary.
The learning dictionary will clear and allow you to start afresh.
You can delete the search history on your PS4 browser by pressing the Options button and selecting Settings.
The next step is to choose Clear Website Data, which will erase all your browsing history.
If you want to clear the learning dictionary, access the setting from the initialization menu. Understand that you cannot recover deleted browser history.
However, you can only recover the data that you had backed up initially.