PlayStation Plus promises a variety of things including online multiplayer, two free games every month, and access to unlimited discounts. If you already have a membership subscription but you no longer need the service, it is best to cancel before your credit card gets billed. But how do you cancel PlayStation Plus?
Fortunately, it is easy to cancel PlayStation Plus, unlike many other subscriptions on the internet. This guide will show you exactly how to do it.
How to cancel PlayStation Plus Subscription on PS4
To cancel your membership:
- Launch PS and scroll to Settings then press X
- Scroll to PlayStation Network/Account Management
- Select Account Information
- Scroll down to PlayStation Subscriptions
- Press X to select PlayStation Plus then Turn Off Auto-Renew
- Select YES on the confirmation dialog box
- Press X to select Turn Off Auto-Renew on the feedback dialog box
- Select OK on the next screen that shows up to confirm
How to cancel PlayStation Plus Subscription on PS3
If you are using PlayStation 3, follow these steps:
- Launch your PlayStation and navigate to PlayStation Network then press X
- Scroll down to Account Management and press X to select
- Go to Transaction Management, then press X
- Scroll to Services and press X to select
- Find PlayStation Plus and press X on your controller
- Go to Subscription and press X
- Go to Cancel Automatic Renewal (near the bottom of the screen) and press X
How to cancel PlayStation Plus Subscription on PC
To cancel your PS Plus subscription online via your PC or Mac:
- Launch your browser and visit the PS Subscriptions page
- Log in to your account
- Point your cursor next to your Online ID to reveal a dropdown and select Subscriptions Management
- Select Turn Off Auto-Renew
Can you get a refund after canceling PlayStation Plus?
According to the PlayStation cancellation policy manual, you are only eligible for a refund on PS products if you make a cancellation request within 14 days from the initial transaction date. This is only possible provided that you haven’t used the subscription to download or stream anything.
If you subscribed for a trial version and you’ve been debited, you have 7 days (from the date of the transaction) to cancel and request for a refund.
Refunds aren’t available for any purchases you made outside the PlayStation Store.
I hope you have managed to cancel your account. If not, let me know the problem you are facing in the comments.