PlayStation Now is a new sensation for PS lovers. The advanced online gaming system allows users to access over 400 games at affordable costs.
The service provides total relief to game lovers who own PS4, PS3, and PS2 consoles.
PS Now is available either via subscription or rental basis. Users can choose from monthly, three-month, and annual subscription options.
They may also decide not to play anymore and will need to cancel their accounts before the next renewal period.
If you had subscribed on trial, you may also choose to cancel PS Now before the trial ends if you do not wish to get billed.
If you wish to cancel your subscription for whatever reason, there are different ways to do so:
Canceling your subscription on PS4
If you have been using PlayStation now on your PS4, cancel the subscription as follows:
- Go to the home screen and scroll up to expand the menu at the top of the screen
- Select “Settings”, then “Account Management”
- Click on the “Account Information” option
- Scroll down until you find “PlayStation Subscriptions” and select
- From the information screen that appears, check the expiry date, which shows how long you will be using it before your subscription expires
- At the bottom of the screen, choose “Turn Off Auto Renew” and select “Yes” in the pop-up alert
- In the next screen, click on “Yes” to confirm and return to the “Account Information” screen.
Note that you have to connect your PS4 to the internet and PSN for this process to work.
How to cancel PlayStation Now on your smartphone
If you are using the PS4 app for iOS or Android, you can also deactivate it from your tablet or smartphone.
Simply launch the app, go to the “PlayStation Store”, and navigate to Profile > Purchase History, then click the games button.
Choose “PlayStation Now” from the pop-up list, then the “Cancel Automatic Renewal” option to end the subscription.
Cancel PS Now subscription through a phone call
Another method of canceling PS Now and one of the easiest is through the phone.
You can do this by calling the PS customer support and following these steps:
- Gather your account information – such as your username and password
- Call 1-800-345-7669 and follow the menu instructions to talk to a cancelation representative.
Your subscription should be terminated instantly.
Cancel PS Now online
If you can’t cancel your PS Now subscription from your device, try doing this through a web browser.
To do this:
- Open the browser and go to the PlayStation website
- Sign in using your credentials to display the dashboard containing your account information
- Find the “PlayStation Network” section from the left side menu on the screen and click on it to open a new window displaying the subscriptions management interface
- Scroll until you get to the “PS Now subscription”. Choose the “Turn Off Auto-Renew” button and select “Confirm” to end your subscription.
Will I get a refund after canceling PS Now?
Once you purchase the PS Now subscription from the PlayStation Store, you may get a refund if you change your mind about the service.
You often have 14 days after getting billed to request a refund.
However, the refund amount may get slashed depending on whether you played games online, downloaded them, or used cloud storage.
If you are a new user, the free trial days will also be added to the 14-day period.
After 14 days, you will not receive a refund for any payments made even if you had chosen a three-month or one-year subscription.
PlayStation Now is available for use as a free trial for seven days. Once you start using the service auto-renewal gets activated automatically.
If you do not wish to continue using the service after the seven days, you will need to cancel PS Now free trial using any of the above methods.