TruthFinder is an online subscription company that provides public record checking services. The platform collects marriage, divorce, financial and criminal information about other people and displays these to its users.
If you need to find out about someone’s background, you can use the site’s paid membership models to get the information you are looking for. You are allowed to choose between a one-month or three-month membership which is renewed automatically until it is canceled.
After finding the relevant information, you can cancel your subscription and delete TruthFinder account details from the company database. It only takes a few minutes to do this. You will need to provide your username, email address, full names, or billing address to complete the cancelation request.
4 ways to cancel your TruthFinder membership
Here are the various methods used to cancel TruthFinder.
1. Cancel membership Online
The first way to cancel the subscription is through the company website. Use the following steps:
- Open the TruthFinder website and log into your account with your username and password
- On the dashboard, navigate to the subscriptions section and click on the Cancel Membership link
- Fill out the pop-up form with the requested information and click on the Continue button to submit
- Wait for a confirmation from the company
2. Cancel TruthFinder membership over the phone
To terminate your subscription over the phone, contact TruthFinder customer support through their customer phone number. Once you provide your account information, your membership will be canceled within an hour. You can do this as follows:
- Call 1-800-699-8081
- Press 1 from the options you receive to get connected to the billing team
- Ask the customer service representative to cancel your subscription. Explain why you want this done.
- An email will be sent to you in a few hours to confirm the cancelation. You can also request the representative to give you a verbal confirmation code
- Keep the code as proof for future use in case the company continues to charge your card
3. Cancel through email
Canceling TruthFinder via email can be a bit slow since you need to wait until you hear from the member support team. To use this method:
- Send a cancellation request to [email protected]
- Include the relevant details about your account, such as the full name, login credentials, and billing address
- You will receive an email from TruthFinder confirming the cancelation within a few fays
4.Cancel TruthFinder using DoNotPay
Canceling your TruthFinder membership manually can be time-consuming, especially if the customer service team does not respond promptly. For instant cancelation, try using the DoNotPay app. Here is what you should do:
- Download the app or open it through any web browser
- Navigate to the Find Hidden Money option
- Type TruthFinder in the search bar and select it to initiate the cancellation
- You will receive a confirmation email once the cancellation is successful
Your TruthFinder cancellation request will terminate your membership and cancel TruthFinder notifications immediately. You can, however, continue using the service until your current membership period expires.
If the cancellation request is successful, you will be notified through email. In case you do not receive this within the first few days, contact the member care team for assistance.
Can you get a refund from TruthFinder?
TruthFinder does not offer a refund once the subscription is canceled. If you had paid for a month and cancel your membership before the period elapses, you will not receive your money back.
Instead, you will be allowed to access the background search service until the end of the prepaid period.
TruthFinder keeps sending messages reminding you when your current subscription will end, and if you wish to renew it to continue using their services.
Can you pause your TruthFinder Subscription instead of canceling it?
TruthFinder does not allow you to put your membership on pause.
If you are no longer interested in using the service, the only alternative is to cancel your subscription.
How long does it take to cancel the subscription?
The cancellation can happen instantly or take several days depending on the method you use.
It takes a few minutes to cancel your membership via the phone and a few days if it is through email.
Does the TruthFinder free trial automatically renew into a paid subscription?
Unfortunately, there is no free trial on TruthFinder. Occasionally, the company may offer its clients a 5-day trial for $1.
After five days, the trial automatically transitions to a paid subscription that is charged to your credit card.