Have you been experiencing problems with your NPR News app not working or even crashing unnecessarily? No need to worry anymore. In this article, we shall discuss some common issues that cause your NPR News app not to function normally.
We shall also provide a comprehensive guide on how you can fix this issue and answer some of the frequently asked questions about the NPR News app.
Major causes of the NPR News app-related problems
Below are a couple of issues that can make your NPR News app not function as intended
- Poor network connection
- Using the wrong login credentials, i.e., wrong username or password
- Lack of enough storage space in your device
- Unresponsive interface (UI) of your NPR news app
- Using an outdated version of the NPR News app
Below are some possible solutions that customers have used to fix their NPR News app not working issue. If one solution does not work, try using the next one
Fix 1: Restart your smartphone
Restarting your device is a simple process as follows;
- Press and hold your phone’s power button and tap Restart.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds before turning it back ON.
- Allow your phone to load, and then launch your NPR News app.
Your NPR app should be able to stream as expected. If not, proceed to the next fix.
Fix 2: Free up your storage space by clearing cache data and unused files
If you can’t open the NPR News app even after trying the above solution, consider deleting new apps and files to increase your storage space.
Another thing you can do is to delete cache data in your phone as follows;
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Storage.
- Tap Apps.
- Select the NPR News app.
- Tap Clear Cache.
- Allow the process to complete, then tap Okay.
You can also clear your phone’s cache through these steps:
- Tap and firmly hold an app on your screen.
- Then tap the App info icon that appears as circled i.
- Tap Storage and then tap Clear Cache.
- The cache data will indicate 0 B.
- Restart your phone for the changes to take effect.
Fix 3: Update your NPR News app
Due to frequent technological advancements, companies are constantly updating their apps. This means new features are added to the apps.
It is important to ensure you are always using the latest version of the NPR News app or any other app.
- Go to your Google Play Store or your App Store.
- Type NPR News in the search bar and select the first result.
- Tap on the Update icon that appears next to the app. Wait for it to update.
- Launch the app.
Fix 4: Reinstall your NPR News app
Last but not least, if all the above solutions have not worked, consider uninstalling and then installing your NPR News app as follows;
- Press and firmly hold the NPR News app on your screen.
- Tap on the App info icon that appears as a circled i.
- Tap the Uninstall option and tap OK to complete the process.
- Go to the Play Store and type NPR News on the search bar.
- Then tap Install and allow it some time to finish.
Finally, restart your phone, then launch your NPR News app.
Is NPR News app free?
National Public Radio (NPR) is free to download and use the app.
What is the difference between the NPR One app and the NPR News app?
NPR owns both the NPR One and NPR News apps. However, NPR One is audio-focused and provides its listeners with local and international newscasts, news segments, and podcasts.
On the other hand, the NPR News app presents its listeners with written news stories, live streaming stations, and on-demand audio.
Can I listen to NPR News on my iPhone?
The NPR News app is available for download on Android and iOS devices.