Are you a fan of fast food? McDonald’s is one of the most popular fast food companies with several branches across the world. Aside from their tasty meals, the company is always looking to improve the customer experience, which is why the launched the McDonald’s application for easier ordering.
However, like most other applications, the McDonald’s app has been prone to some issues, with customers complaining about the application not working correctly.
Below, we have compiled a list of some of the top issues users face, their possible causes, and top solutions.
Common problems with McDonald’s app
Several McDonald’s app issues have been reported by users. Below is a look at some of the most common ones:
- An error message “Something went wrong, please try again later” when performing an
- The app refusing to connect to the internet
- The McDonald’s app payment option not working
- The application not saving your card when trying to add it to the payment options
- The app freezing and being insensitive to all touch controls
- McDonald’s app doesn’t send a confirmation email after ordering
- Special deals not appearing
- “Authentication required” error message when logging in even after entering correct details
What causes McDonald’s App not to work?
The McDonald’s app not working issue on iOS or Android devices can be caused by several reasons. The top ones include:
- Poor internet connection – some of the problems are caused by poor network connection
- Server-side issues
- Corrupted application data, making it unusable
- Corrupted installation files due to incomplete or wrong installation procedures
- Bugs in the application which cause glitches
- Corrupted profile data
- Outdated app
Solutions for McDonald’s App not working
If you are experiencing issues with your McDonald’s app, below are some of the top solutions that work:
1. Switch to a stronger and reliable network
The first step before trying any other fix is to make sure your network is strong and fast. If it isn’t, switch to a better network and try using the app again.
You can find out how reliable your connection is by running a speed test. Some of the most common resources for checking your internet speed are fast.com and speedtest.net.
2. Check for server outages
Server outage is another common reason why you might be experiencing problems using the McDonald’s app.
Most of the time, the company will inform customers of server outage issues on social media. If this is the case, there is not much to do other than wait until the issue is resolved.
3. Clear the app’s cache and application data
Another easy fix to most glitches you experience with McDonald’s app is to clear the application’s cache and application data.
Doing this will remove any corrupted files and data, thus fixing most of the glitches you could be experiencing.
To clear the app’s cache and application data:
- Close the app and then go to Settings > Apps on your phone
- Scroll down until you locate the McDonald’s application from the list of apps
- Click on the app to launch the app’s information window
- Click on both the “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” options to clear cached and application data respectively.
With the cache and application and application data cleared, you can now launch the app and try using it again.
4. Refresh your session
Your profile data can become corrupted leading to glitches such as deals not appearing, payment options not working, etc. In such a case, a simple refresh of your session can fix these issues.
So how do you refresh your session? It’s simple; just log out and then log into your app again.
To do this:
- Click on your profile name, which is located at the top of the navigation bar; a menu bar will appear on the left interface
- Click on the “Log Out” button located at the bottom of the menu bar to log out. The application will then redirect you to a log in screen
- Enter your login details (email and password) to log into your account
5. Re-install the app
Still, experiencing issues? Re-installing the application is the next best solution.
It is a great fix since it installs the latest version of the app on your phone, which means fewer chances of bugs, and consequently, fewer or no glitches.
To reinstall the app:
- Go to the location of the McDonald’s app on your phone menu. Press and hold it until the “Uninstall” option appears and then remove the app from your phone
- Go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store and search for McDonald’s in the search bar
- Open the McDonald’s app and click on the install button – the app will install on your phone automatically
- Once the install is completed, launch the app and start using it.
Is your McDonald’s app is frozen? Or are you finding that you can’t add a card to McDonald’s app?
These are just some of the problems that McDonald’s customers face when trying to use the company’s app to order. Luckily, with the above solution, you can fix most of the issues that crop up.
But what if you cannot fix the issue? First, get in touch with the company’s customer support for troubleshooting help.
Then, you can still order online through the McDelivery service or through the hotline (you have to Google this for the closest hotline near your location).