When you try to access a Facebook page, you expect to view all its content once it loads. But that does not happen all the time because you get an error telling you the page is not available right now. So, why are you encountering the issue?
If the Facebook profile shows “this page isn’t available,” it could mean the owner of the page has blocked you. Also, the user may have set the page to Private. That means you will have to send a friend request to access the content.
In some cases, you get the error because the page has age or country restrictions. You will not see it when you log in to your account or when logged out.
But many more reasons can explain why you are getting the problem.
What does “this page isn’t available right now” mean on Facebook?
The error can mean different things. Here are a few:
- Facebook is experiencing a technical error.
- Facebook is in the process of upgrading the page.
- You have logged out of your account.
- Facebook has disabled or restricted the page.
- Facebook has flagged the page as spam.
- The user has changed their privacy settings by making the page private.
If you can’t view pages on Facebook, it could also mean Facebook or the page owner removed the content you are trying to access.
How to fix “this page isn’t available right now” on Facebook
You can fix this error using the steps below:
1. Try reloading the page
You can encounter the error because Facebook is experiencing a technical glitch and is in the process of fixing it.
Consider reloading the page to determine whether it fixes the issue. If not, give it time until Facebook corrects the server issue.
2. Log out of Facebook and sign in again
You can log out of Facebook and log in again to try and refresh your account. Once done, try opening the page. If you see the error, contact Facebook for further assistance.
3. Contact Facebook support team
You can contact the Facebook support team using the steps below:
- Log in to your Facebook account via a desktop browser.
- Click the downward-facing arrow.
- Select Help & Support.
- Select Report a problem.
Consider reporting the issue to Facebook and wait until the technicians respond or fix it. It may take a day or more.
4. Troubleshoot the issue to find a solution
If you can’t see the updated status on Facebook, you can troubleshoot the issue by trying the following:
- Clear cookies and cache from your browser or Facebook mobile app.
- Ensure you are using an updated version of the app or browser.
- Restart your device and try again.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app.
Also, connect to Facebook on a secure network and ensure that your internet connection is stable.
How do you tell if someone has blocked you on Facebook?
You will know that a person has blocked you on Facebook if:
- You are unable to view their profile, unlike before.
- Their account is invisible to you but not to others.
- You cannot send them a friend request.
- You can view their previous chat but cannot send a new message.
You can also check your friend list to determine whether the person has blocked you. If they do not appear on the list, then they have blocked you.
Furthermore, if your friend’s Facebook profile is blank, they may have blocked you, or Facebook may have deactivated their account.
You are getting the error this page is not available right now on Facebook because of different reasons.
The user may have blocked you, the page you are accessing is age or country restricted, or Facebook is experiencing a technical glitch.
Some of the things you can try to fix the issue are to contact Facebook, refresh the page, use an updated browser or app, and ensure you have a stable internet connection.
But if the user has blocked you, then you will never view the page.