Several reasons might explain why you are having problems with Facebook dating messages. These include a poor internet connection, a problem with the Facebook app, and issues with your mobile device.
In addition, Facebook could be experiencing technical issues, causing your messages not to show. Fortunately, fixing this problem is easy.
Below is everything you need to know about Facebook dating messages not working, what causes the issue, and how to troubleshoot and fix it so you can continue chatting with your crushes.
Top reasons why Facebook Dating messages are not working
Below are common reasons why Facebook Dating messages may not be working:
- The Facebook Dating feature is not available in your region.
- You have a poor, unstable, or no internet connection.
- Your Facebook app is glitching due to a corrupted cache and data files.
- Your Facebook app is out of date.
- The mobile device you are using to access Facebook has an issue.
- Your Facebook notifications are turned off, preventing you from being notified when you have a new message in your inbox.
- The Facebook servers are temporarily down.
Basic troubleshooting tips
If you are not seeing your messages on Facebook dating, try the following simple steps:
- Check that Facebook is not down. If the Facebook servers are down, wait a few minutes (or hours), then try again.
- Check that you have a working internet connection
- Switch to a more reliable Wi-Fi or mobile broadband connection
- Turn on your Facebook notifications so that you are notified as soon as you receive a Facebook Dating message.
Top solutions for Facebook dating messages not working
If you still can’t see messages in Facebook dating, try the solutions below:
1. Check that Facebook dating is available
One of the top reasons you may not get your messages is if Facebook Dating is unavailable. This may happen due to many reasons.
For example, according to Facebook, the dating feature is only available to people over 18. In addition, your account must be in good standing, meaning the feature can be disabled if you violate Facebook’s terms of service.
Lastly, the Facebook dating feature is available in select countries worldwide. Therefore, before you begin additional troubleshooting, confirm that the feature is available in your country.
2. Restart your Facebook app
The Facebook app, like most other mobile apps, can experience minor issues from time to time, which can affect several features, including your Facebook Dating messages.
Fortunately, when this happens, you can easily resolve the issues by restarting your app.
To restart your Facebook app:
- Tap the Recent Apps shortcut on your Android phone (or swipe up from the bottom of the screen on your iPhone) to display all the open apps.
- Swipe upwards on the Facebook app to close it.
- Go back to the app menu, launch the Facebook app, and then try using the Facebook Dating feature.
If you are accessing Facebook via computer, you can refresh your session by reloading the tab or closing and re-launching your computer browser.
3. Clear the app cache and data
The Facebook app stores cache and app data for a quicker and smoother user experience. Unfortunately, the cache and data files might become corrupted over time, leading to several issues, for example, a Facebook Dating glitch.
Fortunately, you can quickly resolve such problems by clearing your app’s cache and data.
To clear Facebook app cache and data:
- Close the Facebook app on your phone.
- Go to Settings on your phone, then Apps.
- Select Facebook from the list of apps.
- Tap on Storage & cache.
- Tap on the Clear cache and Clear data/storage.
After clearing cache and data, return to your phone’s app menu, launch the Facebook app and try using the dating feature.
4. Update your Facebook app
An out-of-date app is another possible explanation for why you can’t see messages in Facebook dating. That’s because outdated apps tend to have bugs or unsupported features, which can cause glitches.
Fortunately, updating your Facebook app can fix the problem.
To update Facebook:
- Go to the app store on your phone.
- Tap on your profile icon.
- Scroll down to pending updates.
- Check if the Facebook app has any available updates.
- Tap on the Update button to install the updates.
5. Install a fresh version of the Facebook app
Are you still not seeing your Facebook Dating message even after updating Facebook? Your app might be broken. In this case, you should delete it and reinstall a fresh version.
To reinstall Facebook:
- Go to the app menu on your phone.
- Tap and hold the Facebook icon, then select Uninstall or Delete.
- Go to your app store, search for Facebook, and install the app.
- Launch the app and try using the Facebook Dating feature.
It can be very frustrating when you can’t see messages in Facebook Dating, but the above solution can help you fix the problem with your app.
However, if none of these solutions works, you should contact the Facebook Help Centre for more advanced troubleshooting.