Meta Business Suite users have, in recent times, complained about different issues. For example, some businesses cannot open their inboxes to answer customers. Also, some businesses do not see messages in their inboxes despite customers sending them messages several days ago.
In other cases, the app keeps crashing a few seconds after launch, and users do not get any notifications or comments.
Being a user of the app myself and after some research, I will explain to you why Meta Business Suite is not working. I will also explain how to troubleshoot it.
Why Meta Business Suite is not working
These are some of the reasons why Meta Business Suite isn’t working:
- You have not enabled notifications.
- You have ad-blocking software.
- Your internet connection is unstable.
Unless you determine the cause of the issue, troubleshooting it may be challenging.
How to troubleshoot Meta Business Suite
When Meta Business Suite is not working, you can troubleshoot the issue as follows:
1. Restart Meta Business Suite
The simplest solution to consider is to close the Meta Business Suite on your phone or computer browser and restart it.
While at it, you can consider other options like:
- Restart your computer or phone.
- Logging out of Meta Business Suite and logging back in.
- Using a different browser to open Meta Business Suite.
You can also try refreshing the page and see whether it fixes the issue. If you are on a desktop, clear browser data and try again.
2. Allow notifications on the Facebook app
Users experience an issue whereby the business suite app shows some activity or a message. But when they go to their inbox, Meta Business Suite is not showing messages.
For some users, a workaround is to go to the main Facebook app and select the pages tab to get the notifications.
However, you can change this as follows:
- Launch the Facebook app (not Business Suite).
- Log into your page.
- Go to Settings.
- Enable Allow Notifications under Global Notification Settings.
You will receive notifications when someone sends you a message through the Meta Business Suite.
3. Meta Business Suite is not uploading photos
When Meta Business Suite is not uploading photos, you can try different things to troubleshoot and fix the issue.
- Check the photo size to ensure it does not exceed 15 MB.
- Ensure you have the latest version of your browser.
- Check the image format. Meta only allows uploading JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, or TIFF files. If you have a PNG file, its size should be below 1 MB.
- Ensure your computer uses the latest version of Adobe Flash.
- Ensure you have a strong internet connection to upload images.
- Ensure the image is not blurry.
- Check whether you have already uploaded the images.
We covered most of these steps in our post about fixing issues with images on Instagram.
4. How to troubleshoot Meta Business Suite failed to publish
Meta Business Suite has failed to publish because of several reasons.
- The message includes content that other people on Facebook have reported as abusive.
- The link provided in the post goes against Community Standards.
- The business page has two-factor authentication. Therefore, enable two-factor authentication on your account before you try publishing anything.
- Ensure you have administrator access.
Meta Business Suite can also fail to publish because your Facebook page access token does not have enough permission to publish content.
Here’s a detailed guide for troubleshooting Meta Business Suite when it fails to publish your content.
5. Check your internet connection
Your internet connection could be the reason Meta Business Suite is not working. For example, an unstable internet connection will cause Meta Business Suite to load slowly or fail.
Also, it can make publishing content challenging and fail to upload photos.
If you use mobile data to access Meta Business Suite, switch to Wi-Fi. Also, consider switching off the hotspot and using mobile data or Wi-Fi directly.
6. Update the Meta Business Suite app
Also, ensure the app is compatible with your device or update your device’s OS.
7. Uninstall and reinstall the Meta Business Suite app
Ideally, uninstalling the app on iOS or Android deletes any problems the application might have on your phone. It also allows you to download a new app with the latest features and bug fixes.
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Tap on your Profile icon.
- Tap on Manage apps & devices.
- Tap on the Meta Business Suite app.
- Tap on Uninstall.
Before closing the Google Play Store, select the Meta Business Suite app to reinstall.
- Touch and hold the Meta Business Suite app.
- Tap Remove App.
- Tap Delete App.
- Tap Delete to confirm.
After uninstalling, go to the App Store to download the app. You must log in again to see whether you have fixed the issue.
Also, if messages don’t work on your iPhone, consider clearing the app cache. The best way to remove the app cache on the iPhone is to uninstall and reinstall the application.
With these guides, we believe you have fixed the issue behind the Meta Business Suite not working. Let us know which method worked best for you.