Many Meta Quest 2 users have found themselves in a situation whereby they power up their device to start a game but do not see their games. The only applications displayed are the files and settings.
The issue has happened for a while and has annoyed many users because they cannot access their paid or free games. So, why is Meta Quest 2 not showing apps, and how can you fix it?
The Meta Quest 2 stopped showing apps after the system experienced an outage. When that happened, users who opened their headsets to start playing games could not see their applications.
The best fix was to log out of the account and try again. You could also factory reset your device if logging out didn’t solve the issue.
However, many other factors explain why Meta Quest 2 is not loading games. I will cover each of them.
Why Meta Quest 2 apps are not showing
Generally, Meta Quest 2 apps are not showing because of the following reasons:
- System outage.
- You have not paired your device with your phone.
The app will also fail to show if your login sessions have expired.
How to fix Meta Quest 2 apps now showing
If the games are not showing in the library in your Meta Quest 2, here are some fixes you should try.
1. Sign out of your mobile app
Your login session could be why you cannot see your Meta apps. Consider signing out to and into your Meta or Facebook account to display the games.
- Open your Meta Quest 2 mobile app.
- Log out of the app.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Log back into your account.
Try accessing your library to see whether apps will display.
2. Restart your Meta Quest 2
Restarting your Meta Quest 2 will allow it to run smoothly. The option will clear the memory, stop any background processes eating up the RAM, and fix other software issues, including apps not showing on the device.
To restart your headset:
- Make sure the headset is on.
- Hold the power button down until a shutdown screen appears.
- Select Restart.
Once you select Restart, the headset will reboot and free up some memory that will allow the apps to show up.
3. Launch a game from the Meta Quest 2 app
If apps are not showing and you have a game in mind, consider launching it from the Meta Quest mobile app. The option will allow a remote start of the headset and display the rest of the games.
- Go to your Meta Quest 2 mobile app.
- Open the Library.
- Select the game you want to play.
- Once the game launches successfully, exit and go back to the headset.
- The game and other apps should show on the headset.
Before launching a game from the mobile app, ensure to turn on the headset first and that you have connected it to the same Wi-Fi as your phone.
4. Factory reset your Meta Quest 2
Factory resetting your Meta Quest 2 should be the last extreme step you take if everything else fails. However, the option will delete all your data, including your game progresses.
But factory resetting the device is worth it to find a solution when your Meta Quest 2 is not showing any of your apps.
To perform a factory reset using the device:
- Turn off the headset.
- Hold the power and volume (-) buttons down simultaneously until the boot screen loads.
- Use the volume buttons to select Factory Reset.
- Press the power button.
- Use the volume buttons to select YES.
- Press the power button to finish the reset.
You can also reset your Meta Quest 2 using your mobile phone.
- Open the Meta app.
- Tap on Devices.
- Select the Meta Quest 2 connected to your phone.
- Tap on Advanced Settings.
- Tap Factory Reset.
- Select Reset.
After the reset, you will have to perform the setup steps again to pair your phone to your headset.
When the Meta Quest 2 store is not working, the issue could be a system outage affecting the device. The best fix is to wait until Meta restores the service.
However, if apps are not showing in the headset, you can try logging out and logging in to your account. Then, restart your Meta Quest 2 device, or launch a game from the Meta Quest 2 app. I
f the fixes do not work, consider factory resetting your device and starting the setup again.