Many Meta Business Suite administrators have encountered an issue whereby the posts fail to publish with no error message forthcoming.
In other cases, when the Suite publishes, the posts usually have a broken image. It may also fail to publish posts at their designated time, forcing administrators to manually post them.
If Meta Business Suite failed to publish on Instagram, it could be any of these issues:
1. You have not claimed the page to an account
This applies in your case if Meta Business Suite failed to publish on Instagram just after connecting your Instagram account to your personal Facebook Page.
Generally, when connecting an Instagram account to a Facebook Page, you need a business account that owns or can claim both the Instagram and Facebook Page.
Once you have the business account or Meta Business Suite account, you can claim the Page to that account through these steps:
- Go to the drop-down menu in the top left of your screen and select the correct business account.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Business Asset Groups.
- Select Ad Assets.
- Select Facebook Page.
- Click on Claim an Existing Facebook Page.
- Enter the Facebook Page name or Page URL to search for it. You must claim both if you have connected the Page to an Instagram account already.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click on Claim Page or Claim Page and Instagram account.
If you have not connected the Page to an Instagram account, follow these steps to connect the Instagram account to a business account on the Meta Business Suite desktop.
- Go to Settings on the Meta Business Suite desktop.
- Click Business Assets.
- Select Add Assets.
- Select Instagram account.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click on Claim Instagram account.
- A new window will open.
- Enter your Instagram username and password.
- Click Log in.
- If logged in on Instagram, click Continue as [Instagram handle].
- You can also select Switch accounts to log in to another account.
- Enter your security code for two-factor authentication (2FA).
- Click Confirm.
You will receive confirmation that you have successfully added an Instagram account.
2. Check your authorization
When you want to schedule or create a post on Instagram from Meta Business Suite and encounter an error, it is more likely an authorization issue.
You need to determine whether you have the authorization to publish posts. You can get authorised to post or interact on your Page by doing the following:
- Turn on two-factor authentication for your Instagram account.
- Confirm your location by turning on location services on your mobile device.
- Update the city listed on your profile and open Instagram from your current location.
Once done, check if you can publish on Instagram from Meta Business Suite.
When using Meta Business Suite to publish on Instagram, you must always ensure you work with the correct account. Otherwise, your posts will fail to publish or will be published in the wrong account.
Always select a different Instagram account in the Business Suite by clicking the drop-down menu in the top left of the sidebar.
3. Disconnect and reconnect Instagram from the Meta Business Suite
Many errors between Instagram and Meta Business Suite happen because of incorrect account settings and configuration.
Therefore, if you constantly face posts failing to publish on Business Suite, remove your Instagram account from your business account and reconnect again.
- Go to the Meta Business Suite desktop.
- Click on Settings.
- Select Business Assets.
- Click on the More drop-down menu.
- Click on Instagram accounts.
- Select the Instagram account that you want to remove.
- Click on the three dots next to the account name.
- Click on Remove from Business account.
- Click on Remove Instagram account to confirm.
Meta Business Suite will remove your Instagram account from your business account. You must then reconnect or add your Instagram account to Meta Business Suite.
Once done, set up your account afresh and assign each admin the correct permissions to post on Instagram from Business Suite.
4. Check for error messages
If the posts you scheduled for publishing fail to publish at the scheduled time, you can try the following:
- Open the Scheduled tab and see if you can find an error message showing a post failed to publish.
- Click on the scheduled post that failed to publish.
- Republish the post by clicking on Publish Now.
If you find an error message, follow the other steps above to fix the issue. Once you complete the guidelines, return to Meta Business Suite and republish or schedule a new post and see if it will work.
There’s a glitch where Meta Business suite fails to show messages completely on your account. Check our troubleshooting tips if you can’t receive messages.
5. Check if you are the admin of the business account
You must be an admin of the Meta Business Suite to publish on Instagram. If you are not an admin, you cannot connect an Instagram account to a Page owned by a business account.
After adding a business account, you will receive a notification requesting you to confirm the Instagram account connection.
Also, Meta will email the business admin to confirm the connection between Meta Business Suite and Instagram in Page settings.
You can also ask the business admin to give you admin access to the account in Business settings.
6. Post through a third-party tool
If Meta Business Suite fails to publish on Instagram, use a third-party tool instead.
7. You have violated Meta terms
When Meta determines that you have violated its Advertising Standards or other standards, it blocks your business, Instagram, or personal Facebook account.
The company restricts you from advertising or using its products, explaining why scheduled posts on the Meta Business suite won’t publish.
You can fix this by doing the following:
- Review any account issue by visiting facebook.com/accountquality.
- Look at the overview of your account status.
- Determine if there are any issues associated with your Facebook or business accounts.
Regardless of the issue, consider appealing Meta’s decision to restrict your account.
8. Wait out the problem
Sometimes, Instagram posts failing to publish from Meta Business Suite may have resulted from a glitch or technical error in the servers.
It can happen when the platform is undergoing maintenance. For example, some users have reported that the scheduler and post now options were down for several hours before working again.
Therefore, wait for a while and see if Facebook fixes the problem.
Have your say
What did you do when Meta Business Suite failed to publish on Instagram?