With the Subway app, you can order anything from your phone, earn rewards dollars anytime you buy, and receive exclusive promotional offers and vouchers.
But when the Subway app is not working, several problems occur. Signing in to your account, placing an order, or opening the app, in general, becomes impossible.
Once you encounter such issues, you have to figure out the root cause and get a quick fix.
The Subway online ordering app may fail to work due to many reasons.
It could be out-of-date, your connection to the internet is weak, or the system is experiencing a global outage.
Furthermore, corrupted files can make it challenging for you to log in to your account.
Finally, an outdated operating system can make it impossible for you even to install a new version of the application.
Luckily, most issues you encounter with the app have a solution you can do from your end.
However, others require you to contact the Subway support team for further troubleshooting.
How to fix the Subway app when it is not working
Here are some issues you may encounter with the Subway app and how to fix them.
1. Why the Subway app won’t log in
You are unable to sign in to your Subway app after repeated attempts because of several issues, including:
- An outdated app.
- Unstable internet.
- You forgot your password or login credentials.
- Subway has a system-wide issue affecting user logins.
You can try to fix login issues by doing the following:
- Install the latest version of the Subway app (iOS or Android).
- Restart the app and try again.
- Clear app data and cache from the device settings.
- Restart the device and try again.
- Restart your data connection. Switch on Airplane mode, then switch off. Alternatively, restart your wireless connection if you are using Wi-Fi.
If you have forgotten your username or password, select Forgot/Change Password and follow the steps to reset your password.
2. I can’t place an order via the Subway app
The Subway app makes it seamless for users to place an order fast. If you are unable to place an order using the app, consider the following troubleshooting steps.
- Make sure you have registered an account with Subway. You can register the account through the app or website.
- Check whether you have logged in and try again.
- Check whether the first order you placed has already gone through.
- Check whether you have enough money to complete the order.
In some cases, the ordering fails because Subway servers are down. You will have to wait until the service fixes the issue. Alternatively, contact support services for further assistance.
3. The Subway app won’t let me register
The Subway app is not letting you register an account because you may have already registered an account.
However, the issue has happened before, and here is what you should do:
- Register your account from the Subway website instead of the app.
- If successful, open the app and log in to your account.
- Go through with your ordering.
Generally, the problem with the registration is on Subway’s side and not on your device. But the app may also fail to register you if it is out-of-date.
4. Why the Subway app won’t open
The Subway app on your device is not opening because it is out-of-date, your device has low memory, or the device OS is also out-of-date.
You can troubleshoot this issue by doing the following:
- Force-stop the app from the device settings.
- Clear the Subway app data and cache.
- Uninstall the app and reinstall it.
- Update the app if it is out-of-date.
- Update your device OS.
- Restart your phone and try again.
- Clear some storage space from your device and try again.
- Where possible, consider rolling back to the older version of the Subway app.
Since the Subway app requires an active internet connection, check whether you have data services, or your wireless network is working well.
5. What to do when the Subway app is not installing
If you are unable to install your Subway app, try the following to see whether it fixes the issue:
- Check your network connection. Ensure your mobile data or wireless network is working well, then try again. Also, consider disabling your VPN or proxy services.
- Ensure you are downloading the app from the official application store.
- If you are using Android, Force-stop Google Play Store from device settings.
- Restart your device and try again.
- Clear some storage space from your device.
- Ensure your device’s operating system is up-to-date.
The problem can also occur if you recently updated your device’s operating system.
In that case, contact Subway or wait until the service updates the up. Meanwhile, access the service via the web.
6. Why the Subway app freezes
The Subway app freezes when trying to open it because your phone’s internal storage is filling up.
Also, the issue can happen if you have not updated the app or the device’s OS. Here is what to do:
- Force-stop the app and try again.
- Clear the app data and cache from settings.
- Delete unused apps and photos to free up some space from your device.
- Close other open apps that you are no longer using.
- Close the app and open it again.
- Restart your device.
- Update the app from the application store.
Freezing can also happen if your device has live wallpapers. Consider closing them and try opening the Subway app again.
7. What to do when the Subway app crashes
The Subway app can crash anytime for different reasons. However, you can troubleshoot the problem by installing the latest updates for your phone or the app.
- Force-stop the app.
- Restart the app.
- Restart your device.
Most apps crash because of a corrupt cache. Therefore, clear the app data or cache from your device, restart your phone, and open the Subway app.
Your Subway app is not working because you are using an outdated app, many corrupted files, or an unstable internet connection.
You can fix some of these issues by clearing app data and cache, downloading the latest version of the app, and ensuring you have a stable network.
However, if the problem is a system-wide issue or from Subway’s server, you will have to wait until the experts fix the issue. Alternatively, contact Subway support services for further assistance.