The EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) card allows you to receive benefits from state welfare. You can then use these benefits to shop for food and other household items.
But before making a shopping trip, it is a good idea to know your card balance to plan for the money. So, how can you check your EBT card balance?
The easiest way is to check your EBT card balance is on your last receipt. Once you make a transaction, a receipt is printed that contains your current balance. It is always a good idea to save these receipts for the next time you plan a shopping trip.
But what if you have lost your receipt? Well, there are other ways to get your balance as explained below.
3 ways to check your EBT card balance
You can use any of these 3 methods to check your EBT card balance:
You can check your EBT balance is online through the EBT website.
- Visit your state’s EBT website. You can find it in the list of EBT customer service websites.
- Click on either the “Create an account” or “Login” link.
- If you have an account, log in with your username and password and click submit. If not, create the account by filling in the account registration form then proceed to log in.
- Once you are in your account dashboard, go to either “View Balance” or “Account Summary” to view your current balance
Aside from balance, you can view your recent transactions by going to “Account Activity”.
Important information you can find on your account dashboard includes your EBT claims benefits and supported retailers and ATM.
You can also access customer information services such as reporting a lost or damaged card.
2. From your phone
Don’t want to go through the process of checking your balance online? You can do so through the phone. Here is how to do it:
- Call the EBT customer service number. The phone number to check your EBT card balance is printed at the back of your card and varies from one state to the other. You can also do a Google search for your current state’s number.
- Once the call connects, you will be asked to enter your 16-digit card number and might be prompted for the pin number.
- Once verified, you will hear your current food assistance as well as cash account balances
Aside from checking balance, you can also access other customer services information such as:
- Reporting lost or stolen card
- Changing PIN
- Report problematic transactions
- Get answers or information on any other issues you might have
Is there an app to check EBT balance? Yes, if you don’t want to call or check your balance online, there are several apps you can use.
Fresh EBT is one of the top apps currently favored by EBT users. It helps you manage your food assistance and cash benefits by displaying the current balances. It also offers suggestions on the weekly budget depending on your balance and spending history.
Aside from that, you can also save money through the coupons feature. Furthermore, the app comes with a job board where you can find the latest jobs and earn money.
To check your EBT balance through the app:
- Go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store and download the Fresh EBT app
- Install the app on your phone and launch it
- Create an account using your card details then login in
- Click on the “Manage” tab to view the current balance
How to check an EBT balance without a card number?
Can you check your SNAP balance without a card? With all of the above methods, you will be asked to enter your card number when checking your balance. So, what if you have lost it?
There are two ways in which you can be able to access the balance:
- Online through the EBT website if you already have an account and remember the username and password.
- By visiting the EBT offices manually and getting help there
On top of that, if you have lost your card, you should get in touch with EBT customer service either by phone, website or visiting their offices to report the issue.
There, you will be assisted on how to receive another card and access your benefits.
With an EBT card balance, you can be able to manage and budget for your food assistance and cash benefits. The above is a look at how you can receive your current balance. From receipts to online checking, phone call, or app, there are several options at your disposal.
EBT also offers in-person customer service, where you can walk into their physical offices for balance and other inquiries.