The Chick-fil-A application is definitely one of the best apps for ordering food. But once the app stops working, you will not only be unable to order food but also access its features.
You cannot use it to earn points for every item you purchase or redeem your rewards. Furthermore, you won’t be able to make last-minute location swaps, find a nearby restaurant, access your account, or check the menu.
But why isn’t the Chick-fil-A app working? Generally, it is challenging to pinpoint the exact issue causing the Chick-fil-A app to stop working on your device.
However, the issue could be server-related or a system-wide problem. Also, the app can stop working if you are not using an updated version.
If you cannot sign in, you may have entered an incorrect password or username. But some errors can also occur if you have an unstable internet connection, meaning you can’t order Chick-fil-A online.
How to troubleshoot and fix Chick-fil-A app
When your Chick-fil-A app is not working, determine what is causing it to have an easier way of fixing it. Here are some issues you may encounter and their respective solutions.
1. Chick-fil-A app is not letting me sign in
Log-in issues are uncommon with the Chick-fil-A app. But if the application is not letting you sign in, try the following:
- Uninstall and reinstall the app, and try again.
- Ensure you have entered the correct email address or password.
- You may have reached the maximum number of accounts on the device. In that case, sign in using a previous account. Understand that the maximum number of accounts you can log in on one device is three.
- Disable any VPN or proxy server from your device and try again.
Also, try disconnecting your internet connection from Wi-Fi to mobile data and see if it fixes the issue.
2. How to fix the 422 error on the Chick-fil-A app
When you see error 422 on your Chick-fil-A app, it means you cannot complete your order. You can try troubleshooting this issue as follows:
- Check to ensure that the item you are ordering is available in your location.
- Disable your VPN and use your ISP’s IP address to make it easier for the app to pinpoint your location.
Thus, error 422 could mean Chick-fil-A does not have the item you want. Therefore, try ordering a different one.
3. If the payment feature is not working
You can try troubleshooting this issue in different ways:
- Update your payment information.
- Ensure you have enough money on your credit or debit card to complete the order.
You could also be getting the error because Chick-fil-A payment systems are experiencing an outage. Therefore, consider waiting until the service fixes it.
6. The survey on the app disappeared
If the Chick-fil-A survey on the app disappeared, you could do several things to resolve the issue:
- Go to the news tab on the far left at the top of your screen to find the survey.
- Alternatively, close the app, launch it and open the rewards section at the bottom.
- Once done, tap on the news tab at the top left.
You can also try accessing the survey from the desktop instead of the phone app if it has disappeared.
7. Fix error 1418 on Chick-fil-A
Error 1418 occurs when ordering an item using the free delivery reward. When ordering something from a Chick-fil-A that does not run its delivery service, you can encounter the issue.
Try to order your item from a Chick-fil-A that has a delivery service. This should work in most cases.
Another thing you can try is to check that you have enough money to complete the order. In most cases, free delivery is not free.
Once you tap the option, the value of the items you ordered increases. If you do not have enough money, this error will occur.
8. How to fix Chick-fil-A error 500
Error 500 means Chick-fil-A is unable to serve you or fulfil your order. In other words, your app cannot place an order online.
It happens when Chick-fil-A is dealing with multiple orders or cannot find a restaurant to serve you. Consider trying again until your order goes through.
When your Chick-fil-A app is not working, determine what is causing the issue to find a quick fix. For example, if you cannot make an order, check whether you have enough money on your credit card.
Also, some issues can occur because of an unstable internet connection. Depending on the problem, you will have to disable your VPN for the service to pinpoint your location.