Foscam camera is an integrated wireless IP Camera with a color sensor and an enabling viewing resolution of 1280X720.
It combines a high-quality digital video camera with a powerful webserver to give you clear images to your desktop from anywhere, either over the internet or from a local network.
However, the camera tends to have some issues that may force you to do a hard reset from time to time. For example, you may want to reset a Foscam camera factory settings if you have forgotten the administrator password.
Also, a reset may be necessary if you have configured Third Party DDNS successfully, but you want to use the manufacturer’s DDNS again.
The advantage is that all Foscam cameras come with a reset button located at the bottom of the device. You can use the button to reset the device to factory settings.
How to reset Foscam camera to factory defaults
You can reset a Foscam camera to factory defaults by doing the following:
- Locate the reset button at the bottom of the camera
- Long press the button for approximately 30 seconds
- After 30 seconds, the camera will reboot itself.
- If your camera says Reset Successful before the 30 seconds elapse, release the reset button.
Once the camera restarts, it will restore all settings to factory defaults. Depending on your model, the reset may take between ten and fifteen seconds to complete.
Where is the reset button on the Foscam camera?
The location of the reset button on the Foscam camera will depend on the type of camera you are using. In other words:
- The reset button on the Indoor PT camera is on the bottom of the camera, inside the body. It is in a small hole, meaning you will have to use a paperclip to press the button and restore your camera to factory settings.
- If you are using an Indoor Cube camera, the Reset button is on the back of the unit.
- For the Indoor Dome camera, the Reset button is on the tail cable coming out of the back of the camera.
- If you are working with Bullet style camera, the Reset button is on the tail cable coming out of the back of the camera.
- For the Outdoor PT camera, you will find the button on the tail cable coming out of the back of the camera.
If you are using the Fosbaby series of the camera, the button is on the body of the camera.
Why is my Foscam Camera not resetting?
Technically, your Foscam camera should reset after 30 seconds of pressing the reset button. If your Foscam won’t reset:
- Power-cycle the device by turning it OFF and ON.
- Repeat the reset procedure by pressing the button for 30 seconds
If it does not work, contact Foscam customer services at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Why is the Foscam default password not working after reset?
Foscam does not have a default password. However, the default username is ADMIN.
Therefore, if the system prompts you to enter a password, only provide the username. Leave the password field blank.
However, you will have to set the password at first use to prevent unauthorized users from login into your camera.
Here is how:
- Select the account you want to set the password. The default user accounts are admin, operator, and visitor
- Select Change Password
- In the first password field, leave the space blank
- Enter a new password
- Click on Modify to make the changes
You will use the new password to log in to your camera. If you want to reset your Foscam password, you will have to factory reset the camera, as shown above.
What is the Foscam default IP after reset?
You can find out the IP address of the Foscam camera by doing the following:
- Connect the camera via an Ethernet cable to a LAN port on the router
- Power on the camera
- Connect your computer to the same router
- Allow the device to complete the self-test or until you hear Wired connection successful
- Launch the IP Camera Equipment Search tool
- You will see the camera listed as one of the available items on the network
- Double click the listing
The default web browser will open to the appropriate camera IP address.
You can reset your Foscam camera to factory settings by pressing the reset button located at the bottom of the device. Unfortunately, resetting the camera will also reset the password.
Luckily, the Foscam default password is blank. You will have to set it again to prevent unauthorized access.