It can be inconvenient to find that the Nespresso app you use to order your daily coffee is not working as it should. In our research, we found the most common issues include the app not launching and the ordering function not working.
The Nespresso app won’t often work due to a technical issue, such as a glitch in the host’s servers, maintenance, or an outage. On other occasions, it could be due to a hardware issue or network connectivity problem on your side.
Either way, this article contains several ways to get the Nespresso app back and running as quickly as possible.
Probable reasons why the Nespresso app isn’t working
From our research, these are the most common problems affecting the Nespresso app:
- Your app has an excess cache and temporary files that may cause it to malfunction.
- The central server is down.
- Your device’s software system is not compatible with Nespresso’s latest update.
- The internet or mobile data connection is not stable enough.
- You don’t have enough storage on your phone.
- Your Bluetooth device isn’t compatible with the Nespresso machine.
Troubleshooting the Nespresso app when it is not working
The Nespresso app fails for various reasons, as seen above. Here is how to solve the issues it might be experiencing.
1. Bluetooth won’t pair
If you can’t get the Bluetooth to connect. Follow the steps below;
- Confirm that the Bluetooth on your phone/tablet is switched on and hasn’t already paired with something else.
- Confirm that the machine and your device are compatible.
- Try to move as close as possible to the Nespresso machine and connect again.
- Don’t turn on your microwave when pairing your Nespresso with the phone. The waves may disrupt the process.
2. Check if the problem is with the Nespresso server
The servers are down if the app shows you a black screen or it keeps booting you out every time you open it. This happens when too many people try to log into the suite at once, or it’s a problem with the app software systems.
Either way, here is how you should go about it:
- Check Nespresso’s Twitter handle to confirm whether it has been announced that the server is down. If there is no post of the same, go to the next point.
- Check your emails for a notification from Nespresso letting you know there will be scheduled site maintenance.
- If there is no email notification, wait a few minutes and try logging into the app afresh.
3. Check if your internet connection is stable
If your internet is completely down, the Nespresso app won’t work for obvious reasons. However, if the connection is unstable, it will try to load, and if the leading time expires, it will present you with an error code.
Here is how to deal with this problem;
- Confirm that your internet is problematic by trying to log into another app to see if it goes through
- Perform an internet speed test to check whether the internet speeds are acceptable. To do this, type ‘Internet speed test’ in your preferred browser and click on the first option.
- If the speeds are ok, switch off the router and unplug it from the power source for a few minutes before plugging it on again
- Before you connect it again, move as close to the router as possible
- If the problem persists, try changing from Wi-Fi to mobile data
4. Delete temporary app data and cache
Apps, including the Nespresso app, usually store temporary data by design to remember your passwords, patterns, and favorite items. This allows them to offer a tailored experience.
However, after some time, you should delete excess data. Otherwise, it might get corrupted and prevent the app from working as it ought to.
To clear the cache, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings.
- Click General.
- Tap on iPhone storage.
- Scroll until you locate the Nespresso app and click on it to open.
- Tap Offload app
- Go back to your phone’s home screen.
- Click on the App Store.
- Search for the Nespresso app by keying in the name on the search bar
- Install the app again. Once installed, it should work as it would have retained your passwords, username, etc.
- Tap on the Settings icon.
- Tap on Apps & Notifications.
- Click See all apps.
- Scroll until you see Nespresso, then click on it.
- Tap Storage and Cache.
- Click Clear Cache.
- Then try opening the app to see if it works as it should.
Though this may sound a little too simple, it often works for several apps. Sometimes, all you need to do is restart your phone and then try opening the Nespresso app again.
Close all the open apps before switching off the phone to be extra thorough. This way, if another app has the bug, you will have resolved the problem.