You can do much more with the Taco Bell app than just ordering food. For example, you can get exclusive rewards and offers that will reduce your total spending on food.
The app also allows you to earn points and rewards and customize your favorite items like nachos, burritos, and tacos.
However, if the Taco Bell app is not working, you will miss many features like tracking your order or paying ahead to avoid the queue.
When you download the Taco Bell app for the first time, you must create an account with the company and start placing orders.
As you continue placing orders, you will earn points you can redeem for a food item.
But the app can stop working whereby it crashes on checkout, prevents you from logging in, or makes it challenging for you to redeem your rewards or points.
So, why is Taco Bell’s app not working?
Why Taco Bell app is not working
The Taco Bell app is not working because of different reasons:
- First, your internet connection is unstable.
- The app is out-of-date.
- You have not entered the correct login credentials.
- Third, Taco Bell has a system-wide issue affecting its app.
The app can also stop working if it has corrupted data.
Troubleshooting the Taco Bell app
The best way of fixing or troubleshooting a Taco Bell app that is not working is to identify the root cause of the problem. Once you know the cause, fixing it will be easier.
Here are some issues we have encountered and how to handle them.
1. Restart the app and device
In most cases, restarting the Taco Bell app can fix many issues facing it. Restarting the app helps to retain memory and start the app afresh.
Also, consider restarting your device because it will prevent crashes and ensure it runs more smoothly.
The best way of restarting the app on your Android or iOS is to close it, wait for a few seconds, and open it.
Also, you can do the same for your phone by pressing the power button, choosing the reboot option, and waiting for the device to power up.
2. Check your login credentials
When you download the Taco Bell app, you must create an account with the service to enjoy its features.
But after using the service for a while, many people find a challenge whereby they can’t log into the Taco Bell app.
In that case, first, double-check to ensure you entered the correct login information. Alternatively, consider the following:
- Go to tacobell.com and access the password request page.
- Enter the email address associated with your account.
- Taco Bell will send you a link to your email to help reset your password.
- If you use the app, tap on Forgot Password and follow the instructions to reset it.
The login error is even more common with people who use Sign in with Apple. When you try logging in, you get an error with the message Unable to get an email or Could not authenticate the user.
You can fix this by clearing your Apple ID settings for the Taco Bell app. Here is what you should do:
- Go to your iPhone settings.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Password & Security.
- Select Apps Using Apple ID.
- Select Taco Bell.
- Tap on Stop Using Apple ID.
Once you unlink the Taco Bell app from your Apple ID, you must log in with your email address and password to access your account.
Generally, a rule of thumb when using the Taco Bell app is to avoid logging in using third-party services like Apple ID or Facebook. Instead, use your email and password to sign in to your account.
3. Update the app and firmware
An outdated Taco Bell app can cause many issues. For example, the app will crash, some features will not load, and you may not use the app altogether.
You may also notice the Taco Bell app crashing at checkout. In this case, you should uninstall and reinstall the app to update its features. Afterward, go to your device’s application store to get a new app.
Also, consider updating your device’s firmware to avoid performance issues.
4. Troubleshoot the Taco Bell app crashing at checkout
If the app crashes at checkout, try the following:
- Ensure you ordered an item that is available on the Taco Bell menu.
- Check if Taco Bell has a system-wide issue affecting checkout.
- Force-stop the app.
- Close the app and restart it. You can also restart your phone and try again.
- During checkout, change the pickup time from Now to a specific time later.
You can also clear the app cache and data and try again.
The checkout system may fail if your billing information is out-of-date. Consider the following:
- Go to the Payments screen during checkout.
- Select Add a Credit card or Debit Card.
At this point, follow the instructions to update your billing information.
5. Check your internet connection
You should also check your internet connection because a weak or fluctuating signal can interfere with the app’s performance or crash the entire operating system.
Therefore, use Wi-Fi or mobile data and vice-versa if either service is unstable. Alternatively, contact your service provider for further assistance.
6. How to troubleshoot the Taco Bell rewards feature
You may notice that the Taco Bell rewards feature is not working.
Some of the best ways of troubleshooting the issue include:
- Ensure the reward you want to redeem has not expired. Most free rewards expire between 14 and 31 days.
- The reward is not available for delivery orders.
- Wait up to 24 hours for the reward to appear in your account.
- Ensure the reward is available in your location or local store.
- Check that you have enough points to redeem a reward.
You can also give the app permission to access your phone camera. The camera must scan the barcode on your receipt to receive the qualifying points in your account within 48 hours.
You can fix a Taco Bell app that is not working in different ways. For example, restart the app and device to fresh the memory.
Also, update the app and device firmware, check your internet connection, and give the app the necessary permissions. But if you cannot log into your account, request a new password.