Instacart allows you to shop for groceries online and get fresh food, snacks, drinks, and alcohol delivered to your door.
While you can shop using the company’s website, you can get a better experience with the Instacart app.
It will allow you to enjoy features like finding deals and coupons and using group carts to shop with family and friends.
But that experience becomes disappointing when Instacart isn’t working on iPhone or Android.
When the Instacart app is not working, it will prevent you from logging in, making a payment, or finding deals.
In other cases, you get an error that says Something went wrong. Please, try again later. Also, you may find yourself using the app only for it to crash or freeze.
The experience can be daunting, especially if you cannot see your earnings or use instant cash. But why is Instacart not working?
Why Instacart app is not working
The Instacart app is not working because of different reasons, including:
- Instacart has a server issue affecting its app.
- Your app is out-of-date.
- Your internet connection is unstable.
- You have entered incorrect login credentials.
- Corrupt app files.
You may also encounter issues if Instacart is undergoing app maintenance.
What to do if the Instacart app isn’t working
Luckily, some issues with the Instacart app are easy to solve. Unfortunately, other problems require further assistance from Instacart. Here are some solutions to consider if the app is not working.
1. Update the app
You should also consider updating your phone’s firmware to lagging.
2. Restart the app and phone
When you use the app continuously, the memory might fill up and cause errors. Thus, restarting the app and phone allows you to reset the memory and start afresh.
You can close the app, wait a few seconds, and open it. Also, power off your phone and on again. Alternatively, Force-Stop the app and try again.
3. Clear app cache and data
The Instacart app collects data and cached files to make it easier for you to log in or access specific features.
But if the data and cached files build up, they may cause an error. Therefore, clear them and try again. Go to Settings > Apps > Select Instacart > Storage > Clear Cache and Data.
The settings will reset the Instacart app and allow you to start afresh. However, you can reset the app by uninstalling and reinstalling it on your device.
4. Check your internet connection
You require a stable internet connection to use Instacart. If the connection is too slow, it may cause the app to freeze or crash.
Therefore, check your data services or switch to a Wi-Fi network.
5. Reset your password
If you can’t log into Instacart, the best solution is to reset your password. You can solve login and account access issues by doing the following:
- Go to the Login page.
- Tap on Forgot your password?
- Select Reset it.
- Enter your email address.
- Select Reset Password.
Instacart will send you a link to your email address. Check your email to get the reset email confirmation and follow the subsequent steps.
Understand that Instacart may suspend your account as a security measure to prevent fraud. If the company has suspended your account, you will not place orders.
The only solution is to contact the service for further assistance.
6. How to fix Instacart redeeming issues
When redeeming a gift card in the Instacart app, many users encounter different error messages, like invalid code.
Generally, you can troubleshoot Instacart redemption issues by doing the following:
- Ensure you enter the code that matches the code from your gift card email.
- Avoid spaces when entering the code.
- Go to the Credits, Promos, and Gift Cards section in your account to determine whether you have redeemed the gift card.
Also, the issue can occur if you try redeeming the gift card from a different country. First, understand that you can only redeem a gift card from the country where you live.
Therefore, disable your VPN and try again.
7. How to fix ‘no batches’ error on Instacart
Instacart Shoppers face a challenge whereby they get no batches on Instacart, thus reducing their pay. First, you must understand how Instacart assigns batches to know why you do not have them.
Generally, Instacart allocates batches based on your shopper rating, customer demand, location, timeliness, and delivery accuracy.
However, the most crucial factor that determines whether you will get batches or not is your shopper rating. So, you are not getting batches because of the following reasons:
- Your Instacart Shopper rating is low.
- You are competing with other shoppers.
- The order volume from your customers is low.
If you also fail to accept batches as fast as possible, you will not get them. So, how do you fix it?
You can correct this issue by doing the following:
- Maintain a customer rating of at least 4.6 stars to get enough batches: Anything lower than 4.6 will hinder your chances of getting batches.
- Shop during peak times: This includes the weekends or when enough orders are going around if you want to beat the competition. Alternatively, go shopping when there is less competition.
- Increase orders: Look for areas around you with stores receiving many orders to increase your customer order volume.
- Better paying batches: Wait for batches near high-end stores or stores with high-paying batches.
Also, try accepting batches within the stipulated time. You have at least four minutes to take the batches. Otherwise, once time runs out, you will not get the batches.
The Instacart app can stop working because of different reasons. For example, the app is out-of-date, the service has a system-wide issue, or your internet connection is unstable.
However, you can fix some problems with the app by updating or resetting the app and clearing the app cache and data.
But if you have login or account issues, ensure to enter the correct login credentials. Also, if you cannot redeem your gift cards, ensure to enter the code that matches the code from your gift card email.