Does Sam’s Club accept EBT cards?
Sam’s Club app is a mobile app you can use to shop at any of the Sam’s Club retail clubs. It offers features such as Scan & Go checkout-less shopping and easy re-ordering of your regular orders. There are also several Sam’s Club payment options, including your EBT card.
Adding the EBT card to the app is easy. First, you need to download the Sam’s Club app and then add your EBT card to the payment options, the same way you would your credit or debit card.
Once you have done this, you can use your app to pay for purchases at any of the Sam’s Club locations.
Below, we have compiled a detailed guide on how to add an EBT card to Sam’s Club app. We have also included other information you might find helpful when using an EBT card with Sam’s Club.
How to add an EBT card to Sam’s Club
A few requirements exist to use your EBT card with the Sam’s Club card.
First, you must be a Sam’s Club member – you can only shop at one of their locations if you are a member.
Membership starts at $45 per year and comes with many benefits, such as hugely discounted prices (including fuel) and several offers and promotions.
Once you are a member, you can add your EBT card to your Sam’s Club app and start shopping.
Follow these steps:
- Go to the Apple app store or Google Play Store and download the Sam’s Club app.
- Launch the app and sign in using the details of your SamsClub.com account (Note: use the same email as the one used in your membership application).
- Tap on the Scan & Go tab, and a scanner button will appear if you are inside the Club. Note: you can now use Sam’s Club Scan & Go with an EBT card.
- Scan the items you want to purchase and add them to your cart.
- Once you have added everything you need, tap on the “Check Out” button on your Sam’s Club app. Your purchases will appear on the screen, and another section for payment below the total.
- In the payment section, tap “Add a payment card”.
- In the card options, select “EBT card” and enter the details of your EBT Card.
- Go to the checkout section and select “EBT card” as your payment option.
- Select “Slide to Pay”, which will prompt you to verify your PIN.
- Click “Continue” and enter your EBT Card PIN.
- Once the PIN is verified, the payment will be deducted from your card, and a QR code generated, which you can show at the exit to confirm your purchases.
What can I buy at Sam’s Club with EBT?
What items can you buy at Sam’s Club using your EBT card? While the card is accepted as a payment option, you can only use it to purchase items approved by USDA Food and Nutrition Service.
Some of the items you can pay for at Sam’s Club using your EBT card include:
- Breakfast cereals
- Dairy products
- Meat, poultry, and fish
- Beverages (non-alcoholic)
- Fruits and vegetables
- Seeds and plants for growing produce at home
You cannot pay for the following items at Sam’s Club using your EBT card:
- Alcoholic beverages, tobacco, and cigarettes
- Medicines, supplements, and supplements
- Prepared foods that are hot at the point of sale
- Live animals
- Non-food items (pet food and supplies, cleaning, hygiene, cosmetics, paper products, etc.
When shopping at Sam’s Club, any eligible purchases will be displayed at the checkout section of your phone if you use the Scan & Go feature.
You can then use your EBT card to pay for them and another payment option (such as your credit card or gift card) to pay for the remaining purchases.
Can you use EBT at Sam’s Club bakery?
As indicated, you can only purchase approved products using your EBT card.
Therefore, whether or not you can use your EBT at Sam’s Club bakery will depend on the items you purchase.
You can buy food items such as bread and some types of snacks. However, you will not be able to pay for any pre-prepared food that is sold hot.
The best way to be sure is to ask the cashier manning the bakery what items are supported by your EBT card.
Alternatively, you can use the Scan & Go feature on your Sam’s Club app to view the items you can pay for using your EBT benefits.
Can I use someone else’s EBT card at Sam’s Club?
Sam’s Club is very strict about membership to guarantee the security of its members. To start with, you can only add your EBT card to the Sam’s Club app.
Next, Sam’s Club membership is not transferable; only the primary and add-on members can use Sam’s Club services.
Therefore, unless you are an add-on member, you cannot shop using someone’s else EBT card at Sam’s Club.
On top of that, there are strict laws on who can use an EBT card. Usually, only the EBT card holder, household members who are part of the benefits, or an authorized representative can use the card.
Are you looking to add your EBT card to Sam’s Club app? The above is a detailed guide on using the card on your app.
In addition, we have also included information that can help you answer various questions about how to use the EBT card.
With this information, you can now shop at any of the Sam’s Club locations and pay using your EBT card, enjoying huge savings.