Are your Lorex cameras not working on the app? How can you fix the issue?
The Lorex Cloud app (which also goes by the name Flir Cloud app) is an impressive application that allows you to access the live feed of your security cameras from anywhere in the world.
The app is easy to use. It does not involve a complex setup process. Unfortunately, you might find your Lorex or Flir Cloud app is not working from time to time.
There are several issues you might experience with your Lorex Cloud app that may cause it to stop working. They range from network to update issues, login issues, and other errors.
This guide covers the most common of these problems and their troubleshooting tips.
Common Lorex Cloud app is not working problems
Below are some of the most common problems you might experience when using the Lorex or Flir Cloud app:
- The camera feed is not available on the Lorex app
- Can’t log in to the Lorex Cloud app
- Lorex Cloud app keeps crashing
- The Lorex Cloud app is not working on iPhone
- Lorex Cloud app won’t set up
How to fix the Lorex Cloud app is not working issue?
The above problems can be very inconvenient when accessing your camera feed over the Lorex or Flir Cloud app.
Fortunately, there are some troubleshooting tips and solutions you can deploy to fix the issues. Below is a look at them:
1. The camera feed is not available on the Lorex app
One of the most common issues you will likely encounter is where Lorex has failed to connect to the recording device.
The error can present itself as Flir Cloud error 10006 if using the FLIR Cloud App.
If your Lorex or Flir Cloud app has failed to connect to your recording device, you should try the troubleshooting steps below:
- Check that you have a stable internet connection – you should connect both your recording device and phone/computer to the internet
- Update any pending firmware on your recording device – out-of-date firmware can cause connection problems.
- Reboot your recording device and phone or computer – temporary glitches can cause Lorex and Flir Cloud apps not to connect to your recorder. Rebooting them can fix the issue.
If these solutions don’t work, the issue could be with your Lorex or Flir Cloud app. In this case, you should remove it and try re-installing it.
2. Can’t log in to the Lorex Cloud app
Login issues are another common problem when dealing with the Lorex Cloud app.
They can be caused by several reasons, such as poor network connection, forgotten username and password, or system glitches.
If you are experiencing a login failed error, below are some troubleshooting tips you can try:
- Check that you have a working internet connection – the recording device and your phone or computer (where the Lorex Cloud app is installed) needs to be connected to the internet.
- Also, check that you have entered the correct login details – you must enter the exact username and password as the one used in your camera recording device.
- Reboot your phone or PC – temporary glitches and bugs could be another reason you are having trouble logging into the Lorex Cloud app. You can fix them by rebooting your phone or computer and then trying the app again.
3. Lorex Cloud app keeps crashing
Another common issue is where the Lorex or Flir Cloud app keeps crashing on a PC or smartphone.
There are several reasons for this, one of the main ones being inadequate memory on your phone
Additionally, if using a PC, the app can also crash if your system memory is not enough to support the additional memory usage.
You can fix the issue by freeing up your phone’s storage space if the problem is memory. However, if dealing with a PC, the only solution is to upgrade the system memory or use a PC with higher RAM.
Nevertheless, another reason why the Lorex Cloud app might crash is an issue with updates.
There are two possible scenarios for this – one where the app is out of date and another one where a recent update in your PC or smartphone’s OS causes a glitch with the app.
In the first case, you can fix the crashing issue by updating your Lorex app to the latest update available.
In the second case, the only way to resolve the issue is to update your app to a version supported by your phone or computer’s operating system.
4. Lorex Cloud app is not working on iPhone or Android phones
Has your Lorex or Flir cloud failed to connect iPhone or Android phones? Many users have reported issues where the Lorex Cloud app won’t set up with their phones.
There are several possible reasons for this, the most common being network issues, wrong settings, and glitches.
First, ensure that your phone and camera’s recording device are connected to the internet. Next, you need to make sure you enter the correct settings in your app when setting up.
These settings are:
- The Device ID of your recorder – this is found on the back panel of your recorder (at the top in some models). You can enter the ID manually or scan the QR code with your phone.
- The client port – this is an important network setting that allows your app and recorder to communicate. The default port number is 3500.
- Username and password – you need to enter the username and password used in your recorder.
If you are still having issues setting up the app, your phone could be experiencing some glitches. First, close the app, restart your phone, and set it up again.
If this does not work, remove the app and install a new version.
Lorex and Flir cloud apps are excellent applications on your phone or computer.
You can remotely monitor your home, office, or other property with them if you have installed a Lorex CCTV system.
Unfortunately, the Lorex or Flir cloud app can experience some issues from time to time. However, you can fix these issues with the above troubleshooting tips and solutions.