If your Walgreens app is down, don’t panic, as you could probably resolve the issue in a few easy steps.
But before you troubleshoot any issue, you need to know the cause. It is only after you have an idea of that issue that you can apply the right solution.
Below are some of Walgreens’ app common problems and how to fix them.
1. Walgreens account issues/login problems
If you are trying to login into the Walgreens app but have not been successful, try the following;
- Make sure you are keying in the proper login credentials. It could be that you got something wrong, and the app cannot locate such an account.
- Give the app a few minutes before attempting to log in again. Sometimes when too many people try to open the Walgreens app simultaneously, the system cannot handle the traffic.
- Confirm that your cellular data or internet connection is working as it should.
- Your account might have been deactivated because of violating the penal code. In this case, a message will be sent to notify you of the reason.
- The third-party app you are using, Instagram, Twitter, etc., might not be working.
2. Walgreens installation error
If you are trying to install the app, but you keep getting an error, there are a couple of reasons why this might happen. However, you can fix the issue using any of these methods.
- Make sure your phone has enough storage
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection.
- Check whether your phone’s software can support the updated version of the app.
3. The notifications are not working
When notifications are not working on the Walgreens app, do the following:
- Go to Settings and ensure you have enabled Walgreens notifications. If not, do so!
- If you want notification alerts, go to Settings > Notifications > Enable Alerts Sounds. Choose your preferred ringtone.
4. Walgreens prescription app is not working (connection error, server error)
The prescriptions feature might be off due to factors such as connection and server errors. Follow these steps to troubleshoot:
- Give it a few minutes before attempting to log in again. Walgreens might be down because the site is currently overloaded, yet the system cannot support many users at a go.
- Your Wi-Fi or data connection is either down or unstable.
- The Walgreens server might be under maintenance. In this case, you should have received a notification one-day prior.
- If you did not receive a notification, it could be that the app has crashed or is malfunctioning. Wait a few minutes (or hours) for the server to get back up before trying again.
5. Walgreens app coupons are not working
Are you trying to access the coupons sections without any success? Here’s what you should do:
- Confirm the validity of the coupon. If it is valid, ensure that the code hasn’t been used by someone else.
- Check whether your internet connection is functional.
- Double-check whether you are typing in the correct coupon number.
6. Walgreens screen is black/ white/ blank
Though this problem is common on Android operating systems, it can occur on iOS devices too. Primarily the app will display a black or white screen before it crashes without any error message.
Here are a few ways to go about it;
- The easiest solution is to close the app and try to open it again. Go to the recent screens, close the Walgreens app, and open it as you usually would.
- If the above doesn’t work, try hard rebooting your phone. To do this, try pressing the power button and the home button simultaneously for about 10 seconds until it brings you the reboot option; press it and wait till you can power on your phone. From then, you should be able to access the app like normal.
- If you don’t want to reboot your device, try using up the battery until it dies as it usually would. Walgreens might just work when you power your device on again.
- Try uninstalling, then reinstalling the app again—no need to worry, as most android devices will restore your previous settings when you reinstall it.
- If all the above fail, it could be that your app has updated and your current software does not support the updated version. You will need to uninstall the new version and install an older one.
7. Walgreens app customer service is down or unresponsive
It can be frustrating when you can’t use the customer service feature on the app. However, you solve the issue through these steps:
- Since the customer service works on a first-come, first-served basis, try giving them a few hours to sort through other prior complaints.
- If your issue is urgent, consider going to the store to collect your prescription. If you cannot do that, then try calling, as this will guarantee you a faster response.
8. Walgreens app video or audio clips are not loading
If you can’t watch videos or listen to audio clips on the Walgreens app:
- The problem might simply be that you forgot to increase the volume up to an audible number. Check to ensure this is not the case.
- Try using headphones because your phone or laptop speakers could be damaged or malfunctioning
- If your video is taking longer than normal to load, confirm the bandwidth of your internet is as it should be.
- Also, if the video keeps loading then telling you connection error despite having internet, then the issue lies with the Walgreens app server. Try loading the said video again in a short moment.
8. No Walgreens pharmacy near me
Contrary to popular opinion, Walgreens is not a worldwide franchise. If you travel to a country that does not have any nearby locations, you will need to fill your prescriptions elsewhere.
In this case, you can’t order medication online. The service is only available in areas with physical Walgreens stores.
10. Walgreens URL cannot be found
If you happen to receive a notification saying that your prescription is ready yet the URL sent leads you to a ‘no prescriptions as of yet’ notification, then try the following;
- Close the app completely and try to log in later, chances are, the servers have not updated your account.
- Check whether the issue lies with your internet connection. Your prescription page cannot refresh with slow Wi-Fi.
- If the first two solutions do not work, then the URL sent might be wrong. If so, lodge a complaint with the customer care desk so that they send you a new one.
- On rare occasions, you might have clicked on the wrong URL- check to ensure this is not the case.
Most of the time, you will easily resolve any issue with the Walgreens app using any of the above solutions.
If not, feel free to contact their customer care as they have a fast answering back rate.