Do you use a Wyze Cam security camera in your home? How can you access cloud storage recordings captured by the device?
Wyze Cam is a smart home security camera that you can use to monitor your property when you are away.
It is smaller than most other security cameras; thus, you can attach it to any surface in your home – walls, doors, countertops, and tabletops.
One of the camera’s features is cloud recording, where “events” are stored in cloud storage, where you can access and review them.
So, how do you go about accessing the Wyze Cloud storage? It’s simple! You can access Wyze cloud footage through the Wyze app on your smartphone.
In this detailed guide, we explain how to set up and access cloud recordings on your Wyze cam. We’ll also provide important information about the Wyze home security camera and cloud storage.
How to set up Wyze cloud recording?
To access Wyze cloud recording, you must first activate the recording feature for your camera.
You can do this on your Wyze app through these steps:
- Launch the Wyze app on your smartphone. (Make sure that the camera you want to record to the cloud has been set up on your app).
- Go to Account on the app’s dashboard (located at the bottom left corner).
- Under the Account menu, select the Wyze Services option.
- Under the list of enabled services, tap on Complete Motion Capture. A new window will appear where you can choose the Wyze Cam you want to record to the cloud.
- Find the camera you want to record under the list of available cameras and click on the + icon to enable cloud recording.
- Repeat the process for all the cameras you want to record (if you have more than one).
With your camera(s) cloud recording enabled, events (motion detections) will be recorded and saved to cloud storage, where you can access them later.
How to access Wyze cloud recordings?
How can you access and view recordings saved to your Wyze cloud storage? Below is a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- First, launch the Wyze app on your smartphone and go to the dashboard.
- Tap on the events tab (from the menu options at the bottom of the screen).
- In the events window, select the specific date for the recording you want to view.
- After selecting the date, choose between different events (person, motion, or cameras)
All your saved recordings in the cloud will be available in the events tab. To view a recording, tap on the one you want for the video to start playing.
Can you download videos from Wyze cloud?
With the above information, you can view Wyze videos online after they have been saved to cloud storage.
But can you download them and view them later online? What if there is an important recording you want to save for later use?
Yes, you can download recordings saved in the Wyze cloud storage. To download them:
- Go to the events tab on your Wyze app
- Bring up the video clip you want to download
- Tap on the clip twice – the second time, an option to save (download) or share will appear.
- Tap on the download/save option – the clip will download to the local storage of your mobile device, from where you can access it.
Is Wyze cloud storage free?
You can use the Wyze cloud storage for free if you choose the Basic or Cam Plus Lite plan. However, it has its own limitations.
To give you a better idea of storage options, Wyze offers three different packages for its cloud storage service:
1. The Wyze basic plan
The Wyze basic plan is a free package.
Under this plan, the Wyze Camera detects and saves events in the cloud storage as snapshots. On top of that, each recorded event has a waiting period of five minutes.
2. The Wyze Cam Plus Lite plan
The Wyze Cam Plus Lite plan is a Wyze cloud storage subscription package that uses a pay-what-you-want billing strategy.
You select the amount of money you want to pay for the service, starting from $0. Therefore, it is a free service, but you can pay for it.
Under the Wyze Cam Plus Lite plan, your camera detects and records events to the cloud storage, with each video clip being limited to only 12 seconds.
On top of that, there is a five minutes waiting period before a new event can be recorded.
3. The Wyze Cam Plus plan
The last package offered by Wyze is the Wyze Cam Plus plan. It is a premium package that offers cloud recordings of unlimited length.
On top of that, there is no waiting period between event detection, which allows for back-to-back recording. The Wyze cloud storage price for the Cam Plus plan is $1.99 per month, billed annually.
Does Wyze Cam offer offline storage?
Wyze offers cloud recording, where your camera saves events to the cloud. But is there a way to record these events offline?
Yes, you can record offline on your Wyze Cam.
Each camera has a MicroSD card slot, where you can install your card for offline recording.
You can activate offline recording for your camera on the Wyze app through these steps:
- Insert your MicroSD card into the camera’s slot (ensure you format it before inserting it if it is not new). Once inserted, the camera will make a “ding” sound, indicating that it has accepted the card.
- Launch the Wyze app and go to the live stream of the camera you want to record.
- Tap on Settings, then select Advanced.
- Under the Advanced Settings menu, slide the toggle switch next to Record to MicroSD Card to activate offline recording.
- Select how you want to record your footage – continuously or events only.
Your Wyze Cam is not set to record to the MicroSD card. Note: you can simultaneously record both to the cloud storage and the MicroSD card.
Wyze Cam is a great home security service that allows you to monitor your home even when you are away.
With the Wyze Cam cloud recording, your camera(s) saves all the important events, which you can review later through the Wyze app.
You can use three cloud storage plans – one free, one where you pay what you want, and the other premium.
Aside from cloud storage, you can also record events on a MicroSD card. If you want, you can even use both cloud storage and offline recording to save important events.