This article explains how to delete a Target purchase history through the app. I’ll also show you how to clear your search history.
Deleting your purchase history from the Target app can be helpful in several ways. They include if you want to maintain your privacy or surprise a loved one with whom you share a Target account.
How to delete a purchase from the Target app
- Launch the Target app and sign in to your account.
- Tap the Menu icon on your screen’s upper-left corner (marked by the 3 dots).
- Select My Account.
- Select Order History and tap on the View Detail icon.
- Identify the items you want to delete and then tap on the X sign next to it.
- Proceed to Delete Order which appears at the bottom of the screen. Alternatively, go to the main menu, then tap My Account.
- Select Account Details and then tap History.
- Under the History tab, tap on the X next to each item you need to delete.
- Finally, tap Save Changes.
Now that you’ve deleted the order, proceed to delete other orders that you wish to remove.
How to clear your Target search history
Deleting the order alone sometimes is half the job. You have to delete your search history, too, especially if you don’t wish to spoil a surprise.
To clear your search history on the Target app:
- Launch the Target app and then sign in to your account.
- Select Browsing History, located at the upper left corner of the app screen.
- To clear a specific item or remove it from your browser search history, go ahead and select Remove from View located beneath each product.
- Alternatively, select Manage History and then tap Remove All Things from View to delete your whole search history permanently.
Do you want to stop the Target app from collecting your browsing history? It’s simple, just slide the slider next to the “Turn Browsing History ON/OFF” in an OFF position.
How long does the purchase history stay on Target?
You can access your purchase history within an hour of making a purchase through the Target app or website. This means you can delete it after an hour.
However, if you don’t delete it, then the details will be available on your device for a period of up to a year. You can use these details should you wish to return a product you purchased as long as it is within the return period.