Are you looking for information on how to delete your Lyft ride history? Your ride history contains information such as your pickup locations and destinations.
This is information you might not want someone else accessing, especially if you are a private person.
Lucky for you, keeping your ride history from prying eyes is pretty easy on Lyft, as it can delete specific rides you have taken in the past.
Alternatively, you can delete (deactivate your account), which will wipe out all the data, including your ride history. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to delete Lyft destinations from your account.
Can you see your ride history on Lyft?
The Lyft app has an in-app ride history feature, which stores all rides you take using the app. To access the history:
- Launch your Lyft app on your phone.
- From your home screen, tap on the Menu icon (top left corner of the screen).
- Scroll down the menu and tap on the Ride History tab
The tab will display a list of all your rides, with each ride containing an icon of your driver, pickup date and time, ride time, and the amount you paid.
If you tap on the > icon on each ride, you can access more information, such as the pickup and drop-off locations, the map (with route) of the ride, the payment method used, etc.
How to delete Lyft ride history?
Below is a look at various methods you can use to delete your Lyft ride history:
1. Delete a specific ride
To delete a specific ride from your Lyft app:
- First, launch Lyft on your smartphone/mobile device.
- Then, tap on the menu icon on the top-left side of the dashboard.
- Tap on the Ride History tab
- Scroll down through the list of rides and select the one you want to delete.
- Tap on the arrow > icon next to the ride.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap on Delete this trip to remove t from your history.
NOTE: After each ride, Lyft sends ride receipts to your email account, so you might want to find and delete that email to keep the trip completely private. Your trip might also appear on your credit/debit card statement if you paid using one.
2. Deactivate your Lyft account
If you want to delete all your data from Lyft, deleting rides one by one won’t help much, especially if you use the app frequently.
And unfortunately, there isn’t a way you can access all the rides from the in-app ride history feature.
However, it is possible to remove all the trips you have taken using Lyft by deleting your account. Doing this removes all the data saved in the app, but you also lose the account in the process, as you can’t restore it.
However, you can easily create a new account and use the app again.
To delete your Lyft account:
- First, go to the Lyft website on your PC or phone and log into your account.
- Next, go to the Lyft privacy data page and click the Delete account option.
- Click/tap on the Start option under Delete account and offer a reason for the request.
- Enter DELETE in the text box to confirm your request and complete the deletion process.
- Once the account has been deleted, you can download the app and create a new account.
NOTE: Your Lyft ride history will still appear in your email (ride receipts) and credit/debit card statements. Therefore, you should also find and delete these receipts if you want to keep the information private.
Can Lyft drivers see their ride history?
Customers on the Lyft rideshare app can see their ride histories. But what about drivers? Do they also have access to their trip history? Yes, just like customers, drivers can also access their driving history.
To access your driving history:
- Log into your Lyft Driver account on a web browser
- Click on the Driving History link to access your ride history.
For drivers, ride history contains earnings, passenger payments, tax information, etc. Therefore, there is no way to delete the history unless you delete your account, and you would have to start the entire process of being a Lyft driver again.