Indeed hosts thousands of jobs by different employers in different parts of the world. The job board may use tags to make work more visible to target groups and help employers get relevant applications. One of them is urgently hiring. So, what does it mean?
Jobs with the urgently hiring tag are those that employers want to fill immediately.
Applications for this position will be checked almost instantly by the hiring company, and you will likely get feedback anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days.
Now that you know what to expect from these jobs, here is a step-by-step guide for finding and applying for urgently hiring jobs.
While at it, make sure to fine-tune your resume to reduce the chances of your application getting rejected.
How to apply for an urgently hiring job on Indeed
Follow these steps to find and apply for urgently hiring jobs on Indeed.
- Go to Indeed.com from your browser or launch the app on your smartphone.
- Log into your account. Register for one if you don’t have an account.
- In the ‘What‘ search bar, type Urgently Hiring and click on Find jobs.
- Wait for a new page listing urgently hiring jobs to load. Check the job that seems most fitting for you from this list.
- Use filters to narrow down to specific jobs that meet your requirements. You can do it by specifying the following criteria:
- The type of job.
- The location you’d want to work from.
- The experience level needed.
- Select the job by clicking on Schedule an Interview or Apply on Company Site. The company should then contact you and request that you avail yourself of an interview. The duration it takes varies depending on the company.
The best thing about Indeed is that you can upload your resume to their site, and once you click Apply, your resume will be sent automatically to the employer.
If you don’t have a digital copy of your resume, worry not, for there are sources for resumes on the website. Scroll to the bottom of the website, and click on ‘Resume Samples – Resume Templates.
To increase your chances of getting the job, it is advisable to:
- Use a professional name and email address.
- Attach your cover letter and upload your resume.
- Include keywords in your resume which relate to the job.
- Review before submitting responses to check for errors.
Get notified of urgently hiring jobs
Do you need to get a notification anytime urgently hiring jobs are posted on Indeed?
This way, there is a high chance that your resume will be among the first to be viewed by the employer, which means a high chance of getting hired.
Once you search for urgently hiring jobs, scroll to the bottom, and you’ll see a prompt asking you for an email address to deliver notifications.
Enter your email address and click Activate. You should get notifications sent to your address immediately after urgent jobs that meet your specifications are added.