Tired of missing your voicemail messages? Sprint Visual Voicemail is the perfect solution. The application notifies you instantly when you have a new message from your mobile carrier.
It also downloads the messages, allowing you to easily listen to them. There is also an auto-forwarding option, which allows you to send a message transcription to your email, or as an MMS or SMS message.
Unfortunately, sometimes, you might find that your Sprint Voicemail app is not working, causing you to miss out on important messages.
Below, we have compiled some of the top issues affecting the app, their causes, and top fixes that will get your application working again
Why is the Sprint Voicemail app not working?
There are several reasons why the Sprint Visual application might not be working on your phone. Below is a look at some of the common ones, and top solutions to fix the issues.
1. Visual Voicemail feature is not set up on your phone
One of the reasons why you might be experiencing problems with your app is if you have not set up the voicemail feature on your phone.
This is usually the case if you have changed your phone, or are using a new sim card. You can easily fix the problem by activating the voicemail service on your app.
To turn on turn on visual voicemail on Sprint, simply follow the following steps:
- Go to settings then apps on your phone
- Open the Sprint Voicemail app and tap on the “Voicemail” tab
- Select the “Set Up Now” option to activate the feature
- Create a password
- Select the default greeting, or create your own custom greeting.
- Save the settings and exit
With the feature now activated on the app, you can be able to receive notifications and retrieve messages from your carrier.
2. A glitch with the application
Like many other phone apps, the Sprint Voicemail application can experience glitches, causing it not to work properly.
These glitches can cause a number of problems, the most common one being no voicemail notifications on Sprint – which can cause you to miss some important messages.
The glitches can be caused by a number of issues, including:
- Outdated application
- Bug problem
- Corrupted application files
Luckily, there are a number of solutions that can help to fix the glitch. They include:
- Restarting the application – most minor glitches can be fixed by restarting your application. To restart the app, simply close it and then open it again. Alternatively, you can reboot your phone, which will also reboot all its apps, including the Sprint Visual application.
- Clearing the app’s cache – you can also be able to fix a glitch by clearing the cache file for your application.
- Updating the application – updating your app can get rid of bugs causing glitches. It will also replace any corrupted files, which could be causing your app not to work
3. Problems downloading voicemails from the carrier
Another reason why the Sprint Voicemail app is not working is if it is experiencing problems when downloading messages from the carrier. This can be brought about by a number of issues such as:
- Network (internet problems)
- Connection problem – between your phone and your carrier’s server. This is especially common if you have a new phone
You can fix the issue by:
1. Choosing a reliable network
Network problems can be caused by a poor internet connection – which is not fast enough to connect with the carrier’s server and download the message.
Switching to a faster network can help to fix the issue.
2. Resetting your phone’s network settings
Your phone’s network settings might also be corrupted, causing the application to experience connection problems.
Resetting the settings will refresh the network connection, fixing the glitch.
3. Changing your voicemail password (on the carrier’s end)
Some carriers require you to change your password when you change your phone as a security precaution. Therefore, if you are using a new phone, the app might not be able to download your messages until you change your password.
To change the password on Sprint, simply log into your Sprint account, go to preferences, and select the “Change voicemail passcode option”.
Is your Sprint voicemail app not working? There are several issues that can affect your app’s functionality, causing you to miss out on important messages.
However, with the above solution, you can fix these issues, allowing you to retrieve Sprint voicemail messages without any problems.
With your phone’s voicemail function fixed, you no longer have to worry about missing important calls when in meetings, out of network reach, or in any other situation.