Yahoo Mail is one of the most popular email clients. It offers excellent storage, a super-friendly user interface, spam protection, fewer bugs, and several other benefits.
However, despite all its selling points, Yahoo is not without issues, and it is not uncommon to find the service not working from time to time.
Several reasons could make your Yahoo Mail not work. They range from connectivity issues, bugs, server downtimes, and corrupted cache, among others. While your input is necessary in some cases, Yahoo will resolve other issues from their end.
Common issues with Yahoo Mail
There are several issues that you might encounter when using Yahoo Mail. Below is a glimpse at some of them:
- Yahoo Mail won’t load
- Yahoo Mail keeps crashing
- Can’t log into Yahoo Mail
- Yahoo emails won’t open
- Yahoo Mail won’t send or receive emails
- The Yahoo buttons and other features are not working
How to troubleshoot Yahoo Mail when it isn’t working?
If you are having problems with Yahoo Mail, the following troubleshooting tips and solutions can help fix them:
1. If Yahoo Mail won’t load
Are you having trouble loading Yahoo Mail? These troubleshooting tips should help:
- Check that your ad-blocker software is off: Ad-blocking extensions can block some of Yahoo’s features, causing it not to load properly.
- Check that the internet is working: If Yahoo keeps saying there’s no internet connection, you are dealing with a connectivity issue. The internet could be slow and unstable or not working at all. Try using a wired connection, rebooting your router, or switching to a cellular network.
- Clear cookies on your browsers: Corrupted cookies can cause Yahoo not to start. Go to your browser setting and clear all cookies.
2. If Yahoo Mail keeps crashing
If Yahoo mail keeps stopping, you could be dealing with several problems such as unstable internet connection, corrupted cookies, or even insufficient RAM on your computer.
It is also possible that the problem could be on your browser, especially if it is not up-to-date. Check on these issues and try using your email client again.
3. If you can’t log into Yahoo Mail
Yahoo mail login problems can be caused by several issues, from wrong passwords to cookie issues. Below is a look at how to troubleshoot and fix them:
- Re-enter your username and password. Check that you have entered the correct password and use the proper letter cases.
- If you are still having issues, try resetting your password using the “Forgot Password” option on the login page.
- Corrupted cookies can cause login issues. Clear the cookies on your browser and try logging in again.
- The issue could be with your browser – outdated, unsupported by Yahoo Mail, etc. Update the browser and switch to an alternative one if the issue persists.
- You could also be experiencing internet issues, causing you to be unable to log in. Run a speed test to check if your internet is working. You should also ensure that proxy and DNS settings have not been altered on your PC.
4. If Yahoo emails won’t open
Yahoo Mail refusing to open is a common problem. When this happens, you are likely to receive error messages such as “there appears to be a problem loading the email” or “there appears to be a problem loading the message list.”
Below is a look at how you can troubleshoot and fix the problem:
- Check that your internet is fast – slow internet is one of the most common reasons your emails won’t open.
- Revert to the original theme – in some devices and browsers, the new Yahoo theme might not work, causing emails not to load.
- Ensure the email is from a trusted source – Yahoo constantly scans emails to ensure they don’t contain anything harmful. If you are having trouble opening a specific email, it could be the Yahoo anti-spam software or your anti-virus protection at work.
- Update your browser – an outdated browser is another reason you might have problems opening emails or loading an email list. Update your browser to the latest version.
- Ensure to update your Yahoo Mail app – if using a smartphone, check that you have the latest version of the app. If the issue persists after updating, remove and re-install the app.
5. If Yahoo Mail won’t send or receive emails
Are you having issues sending or receiving emails on Yahoo? Below are a few troubleshooting tips to fix the problem:
- Ensure you have entered the right address – if Yahoo mail is not sending emails, the issue could be that you are typing in the wrong address.
- Check that you have working internet – problems sending or receiving emails could be due to internet outages or slow connections.
- Confirm that the Yahoo server is up – Yahoo servers could be experiencing downtime, interfering with the sending or receiving emails. Check whether the servers are up and running and if not, wait out the issue.
- Check that the email address is not blocked – emails to blocked addresses won’t go through. Therefore, if you have problems sending or receiving emails from a specific address, check to ensure that you have not blocked it by mistake.
- Check your spam folder – if you are not receiving some emails, they could be in the spam folder. So, check your spam or junk folder if any important emails were mislabelled.
6. If Yahoo buttons and other features are not working
Is Yahoo mail search not working? Are you having issues using other features such as the Yahoo buttons and menu? Several issues could be the root cause.
First, start by checking your internet; slow and unstable internet will cause some features not to load or respond slowly. You can perform a speed test to see if the internet is the issue.
If dealing with poor internet, try rebooting your router, upgrading bandwidth and speed, or switching to a faster connection.
An outdated browser could also be an issue, so check that the one you are using is up to date. If the issue persists, switch to another supported browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari.
When using a phone, make sure that the Yahoo Mail app is updated. If not, go to the Android or iPhone app store, download the latest app version, and install it.
Yahoo Mail issues can stem from several places. For example, internet problems, your browser, Yahoo features such as the new theme, cookies, etc.
You can experience a hard time when Yahoo Mail is not working, especially if you use the platform for business reasons. However, you can troubleshoot and fix most of the common issues with the information above.