Voice filters allow you to manipulate your voice and create specific special effects. Snapchat users can now use voice filters without necessarily using third-party apps. You can add numerous effects to all your snaps easily. Some popular voice filters available on Snapchat include alien voice and robot voice change.
The Snapchat voice filter feature works in a number of ways. Although, you can still use third-party applications to increase the filter options. Here are a few tips on how to get voice filters on Snapchat.
Method #1: Using Snapchat lenses
Using Snapchat lenses is a straightforward way of getting filters on your snap. This is an inbuilt process. It can be used with your Snapchat without needing any add-ons. However, for optimum results, ensure you upgrade to the latest version of Snapchat. This will update all default Snapchat voice filters. Follow the steps below;
- Open the Snapchat app on your device.
- Double-tap on the camera page on Snapchat. This selects the front camera. You can switch the cameras by selecting the camera switch button. Ensure you are in a well-lit place.
- Tap and hold on your image on the phone screen. A grid appears which activates the Snapchat lenses feature. The Snapchat lenses have the options of changing your face looks and how your voice sounds.
- Swipe through a selection of filter options available at the bottom of your screen. To change voice on your snap, select the ‘voice changer’ on the middle of the screen.
- Tap and hold the lenses to record a video. When the recording starts, a red line will appear to fill a circle on the screen. When you have completed recording, release the button. You will need to speak while recording for the voice changer to work. The filter will take effect once the recording is done.
- Preview the video. Your recording will be automatically played back once the recording is done. This will give you the chance to hear the filter applied. Ensure your phone volume is on a good level to preview the sound.
- Edit your snap. You can do the final touches on the snap at this point. Add text and other information you desire to the snap.
Finally, you can send your snap. Press the blue button on the right side of your screen to select friends to share with.
Method #2: Using speed modifiers.
Changing the speed of your recording alters the sound of your voice. Both slowing down and pacing up will change the voice. Here are the steps.
- Open Snapchat
- Double-tap on the camera page
- Tap and hold the circular button to record a video.
- Swipe to the left or right of your recorded video. There are a few available filters that change the speed of the video. You can toggle between the snail, rabbit and rewind filters. Each will affect the audio differently.
- Playback your video. Do this to ensure the recording is clear and to eliminate shaky voice. If you are not satisfied, you can record a fresh.
- Send your snap when ready.
There are still other ways that will change your voice on Snapchat. But this will involve the purchase of some filters. A good example of an external filter is Voice changer online. This is a website that allows you to upload an audio file and apply filters to it. The site has many filter options to pick from. You can explore all these options to come up with a perfect snap.