Are you a gaming fan? The Android App Store has thousands of cool gaming apps, which you can download and play on your mobile device.
Unfortunately, the small size of mobile devices, coupled with other challenges such as limited control features, limited memory size, and so on, makes the gaming experience rather bland.
But what if you could play your favorite Android games on your PC?
With the help of an Android emulator, you can download, install, and run Android apps on your computer, enjoying a more thrilling experience.
And when it comes to Android emulators, Nox App Player is one of the top choices.
However, just like any other software, Nox App Player is prone to a number of problems.
Therefore, when running the software, you are likely to experience a number of errors, the top one being “unfortunately Nox launcher has stopped working”.
Luckily, several solutions are available when you find your Nox launcher is not working.
Below, we have compiled information on some of the common causes of the error and the top solutions that will help you fix the Nox launcher in no time.
Common causes of Nox launcher not working error
Here are the common causes of Nox launcher errors and how you can fix them:
1. Insufficient memory
One of the major issues facing Android emulators is insufficient memory, which makes it impossible for the software to function properly.
This is especially the case if you are using your emulator to run several apps. Fortunately, you can be able to fix the issue by increasing the virtual memory size on your computer.
To increase the virtual memory:
- Right-click on the Computer/This PC icon on your desktop and click on Properties
- on the left navigation panel, go to the Advanced System Settings
- Go to the Advanced tab and click the Settings button located under Performance
- Go to the Advanced tab and click on the Change button located under Virtual Memory (a virtual memory window will pop up
- Uncheck the box for “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives”
- Check the “Custom Size” button and set the initial and maximum size values. For the best performance, the allocated memory should be about 1.5 times your physical memory.
- After setting the values, click on the “Set” button and then click “OK” to save the new settings
- Restart your computer for the new settings to take effect
With the increased virtual memory size, the Nox launcher will be able to start and run without any memory problems.
2. Security conflict due to antivirus
Another reason why the Nox launcher might fail to start on your PC is if your computer’s security applications (firewall, antivirus, and other security applications) flag it as a virus or a “risky” application, thus denying it permission to run.
This is quite common if you have downloaded the software from unknown sources or if your security applications are “overzealous.”
You can be able to fix the Nox launcher by deactivating the security features, starting the launcher, then activating them again when the app is working.
Before deactivating these features, ensure you end the launcher application from the Task Manager and then disconnect internet access to your computer. You’ll reconnect to the internet after the app runs.
3. Bugs, viruses, and spyware
Bugs and spyware are other common causes of Nox launcher errors.
Bugs are common with most Android software, while spyware and viruses usually occur due to downloading your software from unverified sources.
Unfortunately, if your software has been infected, the best solution is to uninstall it and download and reinstall a fresh copy.
To avoid further Nox launcher is not working errors, make sure you download the official version of the Nox app from a reliable source.
4. Conflict with other Android emulators
Another common cause of Nox launcher errors is a conflict with other applications on your computer, especially other Android emulators.
Removing the other emulator(s) will help to fix the conflict, allowing you to launch the software smoothly.
So, the above are some of the reasons why your PC’s Nox launcher is not working and some of the top solutions.
With these solutions, you can fix the launcher in just a few simple steps, allowing you to continue enjoying your favorite Android games.