When using the AGPtek MP3 player, you may encounter several issues with the device. For example, the buttons may fail to respond, the sound may only come through one side of the headphones or not at all, or the AGPtek MP3 player may not charge.
Some problems are easy to solve if you know their sources. But for those that are challenging, you need to find ways of troubleshooting them so that you can get a solution.
Common problems with the AGPtek MP3 player and how to fix them
Here are some common problems with the device and how to troubleshoot them.
1. AGPtek MP3 player is not connecting to your computer
When your AGPtek MP3 player is not connecting to your computer, it means that your computer is not recognizing the device. Here is how to troubleshoot this issue:
- Ensure the computer USB interface meets the standard USB 2.0 version.
- Check whether the computer USB driver is working. If not, consider updating it.
- Check whether the USB cable works on other devices. The current one could only be for charging and not for data transfer.
- Reboot your computer and try again.
- Depending on your model, you may have to switch the USB mode to H3.
Another solution is to reset the device.
2. Hard reset the AGPtek MP3 player
You can solve some issues with the device by hard resetting it. Here is how to hard reset the AGPtek MP3 player.
- If your device has a reset hole, poke it with a pointed object. Hold down the hole until the screen goes off and on again.
- Alternatively, hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds until the screen goes off and on again.
- If your player does not have a reset hole but has a hard slider power button, slide it up/down or right/left to reboot.
- If the reset does not work in power-on status, hold down the play/pause button for at least ten seconds. Wait until the screen goes off and on again.
Resetting the player will restore the system’s default settings.
3. How to update the AGPtek MP3 player firmware
Your MP3 player could be having issues because of outdated firmware. Here is how to update it.
- Download the device software from agptek.com.
- Install it on your computer.
- Run the media product tool after installation.
- Choose firmware by clicking on the circular arrows.
- Select the firmware that you need.
- Click on Replace.
- Connect your MP3 player to your computer via USB.
- Click on the DOWN button.
Allow the download to continue and update your MP3 player firmware.
4. AGPtek MP3 player is not charging
If your AGPtek MP3 player isn’t charging:
- Ensure you are using the original cable that came with the device.
- Check that the USB interface on the charger or computer is version 2.0. Version 1.1/3.0 tends to cause charging problems.
- Try using a different USB cable.
Also, ensure you have plugged the USB cable into the player and the power source correctly.
5. AGPtek MP3 player won’t turn on
If the AGPtek MP3 player won’t turn on, one of the culprits could be the battery. Start by checking whether the battery has enough power or charge it. But if that does not work, you need to reset the device.
- If your player has a reset hole, poke it with a pointed object and hold it down until the screen goes off and on again.
- You can also hold down the power button for ten seconds until the screen goes off and on again.
If the reset works, consider charging the device and upgrading its firmware.
6. Can’t add music to my AGPtek MP3 player
If for some reason you cannot add music to your MP3 player, here is how to add music to the AGPtek MP3 player:
- Connect the player to your computer via a USB cable.
- Locate the AGPtek disk from your computer.
- Double click on it to open it.
- Find the songs you have downloaded to your computer.
- Copy the music to the AGPtek disk.
Once done, disconnect the device from your computer and start listening to your favorite songs.
When you have an issue with your AGPtek MP3 player, you need to troubleshoot it to find a solution. For example, if the power is not turning on, consider charging it. If it fails to work or connect to a computer, consider resetting it or upgrading the firmware.