If you are like most people, you want to see the recent posts on Facebook instead of having to scroll down your wall to find out what is happening.
However, this might not be possible as the Facebook ranking system can prioritize other factors than when a post was made.
Fortunately, you can get the recent posts to automatically show on your wall using the Feeds feature. Below is a detailed look at how to do this and other tips to help you organize your posts.
Reasons why Facebook is not showing recent posts
The Facebook ranking algorithm is why posts on your wall are not showing up chronologically.
The algorithm uses several factors to determine which posts appear first on your wall. These factors include:
- How you interact with posts from your friends, groups, and pages.
- Relevance – The algorithm uses your previous interactions to show posts it considers “relevant.”
- The number of likes, comments, and reactions received by posts shared by your friends, groups, or pages you follow.
- The time a post was published.
Therefore, based on these factors, you might find that your Facebook news feed is full of old posts that the ranking algorithm deems more relevant than new posts.
How to get Facebook posts to show up in chronological order
If you want to see recent posts on Facebook, you can use the Feeds feature.
It bypasses the default ranking algorithm and brings you the most recent posts from your friends, groups, or followed pages.
To use the feature:
- Use a computer browser to log into your Facebook account.
- Go to the home page and click on the “Feeds” tab in the navigation menu (on the left-hand side of the screen.)
While using the Feeds feature, you can sort out the posts on your walls using the provided filters (All, Favorites, Groups, and Pages).
If you are using the Facebook app, follow the steps below to activate the Feeds feature:
- Launch the Facebook app on your phone and log into your account.
- Tap the hamburger menu button (three stacked horizontal lines in the top-right corner.
- Tap on the “Feeds” button to organize your posts chronologically.
What happened to the most recent button on Facebook?
Previously, you could use the “Most Recent” button to view recent posts on Facebook. However, that button is no longer present, as the Feeds tab has replaced it.
Can you make recent posts your default setting on Facebook?
Unfortunately, the Facebook ranking algorithm is the only default system for displaying posts on your wall. You can temporarily bypass the algorithm with the Feeds feature.
However, when you exit the Feeds tab, your posts will automatically revert to the default ranking.