When using the Lorex DVR, you may come across an issue that makes it challenging for you to troubleshoot or resolve. In that case, the best fix would be to reset or restore the entire DVR system.
By resetting the device, you will delete all the data, including the configurations causing the problem.
But depending on your DVR, it may require you to use a password before you can reset it. However, you can reset a Lorex DVR to factory settings without a password.
Lorex does not give its customers the option to reset the device on their own. If you forgot your password, you have to call the support team to get a temporary passcode that will allow you to reset your password.
But before contacting the technical team, try using the Lorex DVR default password. The default username for most LHV/LNR Series systems is admin, and the password is 000000.
If you are using LHA/LNK Series systems, the default username is admin, and the password is 00000000.
How to reset an LHV/LNR Series DVR/NVR to default settings without a password
You can use the Lorex reset button to restore the device to default settings.
However, you need to open up your recorder in order to access the button on the motherboard. But there are easy ways of doing it without using the hardware option.
Follow these steps to restore an LHV/LNR Series DVR/NVR to default settings:
- Go to the Quick Menu by right-clicking on Live View.
- Click Main Menu.
- Click the Setting icon then open Setting.
- Select Default.
- Check the menu options you want to restore to default settings.
- If you do not prefer selecting individual menus, click on All.
- Click on Apply to save the settings.
Once done, click OK to exit.
How to restore Lorex ECO Series DVR to default settings
You can restore your ECO Series DVR to default settings by following the steps below:
- Go to the Quick Menu by right-clicking on the Live View.
- Click the Main Menu icon.
- Select Advanced.
- Click the Maintain tab.
- Click on Load Default.
- Choose the menus you want to restore to default settings.
- Alternatively, you can select All to restore the entire system.
If you select All, it will restore the Network settings. That means you will have to set up remote network connectivity again to access your DVR over the internet.
- After checking ALL, or the individual menus you want to restore, click on Apply.
- Select OK to restore the default settings.
- Click OK again to go back to the menu.
- Select Exit to return to the previous menu and go back to Live View.
Your DVR will prompt you to restart it to effect the changes.
How to reset My Lorex DVR admin password
If you are trying to use your DVR and you get an error with an invalid username or password on Lorex camera, you will be unable to restore it on your own.
Instead, you will have to call technical support to request a temporary password.
Before you can call the support team to help you bypass your password on Lorex, you will need your Device ID.
Next, email or phone Lorex Technical Support at [email protected] or 1-888-425-6739. You will have to request a temporary password.
You can reset My Lorex DVR without a password by pressing the reset button inside the Lorex DVR motherboard. Another option is to access the settings and choose the menus you want to restore.
If you forgot your admin password, the only way of recovering it is by calling Technical Support.