Apart from being an efficient peer-to-peer money transfer option, Cash App is safe. The platform has many security layers, both in its systems as well as in its apps.
However, like other money transfer options, forgetting your Cash App PIN locks your out of its system. In such a case, you need to reset the PIN on the app. Also, you can change the PIN if you suspect a third party has it.
Resetting the PIN if you remember your current PIN
While Cash App has one of the safest systems in peer-to-peer money transfers, you should always guard your PIN. To change the Cash App PIN number:
- Open the app
- Click the Profile option
- Scroll to the Privacy option
- Click the Change PIN option
- You will receive a one-time password on your phone
- On a new screen, enter the code
- If it is correct, the app will redirect you to a New PIN page
- Confirm the new PIN
If you are changing the PIN because you suspect another person may have your older PIN, ensure that the new PIN is secure and memorable to you.
Also, changing your PIN should not be a one-time thing but a frequent exercise.
How to reset cash App password/ PIN if you do not remember it
If you forgot your Cash App PIN, follow these steps to reset it:
- On your phone, open the Cash App.
- Go to your profile icon.
- Scroll down to the Privacy option
- Tap Cash PIN
- Go to Forgot Cash PIN.
- You will receive a verification code on your phone.
- Enter the code
- The app will redirect you to the Set new PIN page.
- Enter your new PIN twice to complete the process.
If you are using iPhone 8 and older iPhone models, you will see an option to reset the PIN using the touch ID. However, you must follow all the steps for newer iPhones and Android devices.
Additional ways to keep your Cash App PIN safe
Apart from changing the PIN regularly, you should keep your account safe. The two key ways of adding a security layer include:
1. Update your app regularly
Whether you are on iOS or Android, ensure that the app is updated. Every Cash App update improves the safety of your account.
2. Enable security lock
Apart from the PIN, Cash App allows you to limit payments, especially if you use your account with a family member. To enable the security lock:
- Click the profile icon on the app
- Go to Privacy and Settings
- Scroll to Security Lock and Toggle it ON.
- Confirm by putting your PIN or Touch ID if you are on iOS
Contact Cash App if you cannot log in after changing your PIN
After changing the PIN, you should wait for at least five minutes before trying to log in. In some cases, you may not be able to access your account, even after successfully changing the PIN.
If Cash App PIN not working, request contact from the Cash App website.
Resetting your Cash App PIN is one of the best ways of keeping your account safe. Apart from being free, the process is secure.
The app only takes seconds to send the one-time password, which fastens the process.