Are you looking to load money on your Cash App card? In this day of growing digital transactions, having a reliable cash payment platform is vital.
The Cash App debit card offers you a system, which you can use to send money or make payments.
However, unlike a credit card or a bank debit card, to use the Cash App card, you must first load it. So, how and where can you add funds to the card?
Below, we take a look at the various ways in which you can add money to your card and start using it.
What is a Cash App card?
Before we delve into how to add money to your Cash App card, let’s first take a look at what the card is.
The Cash App Card is a debit card that allows you to use your Cash App funds at various accepted stores.
It can be used for both online and in-store transactions, as well as withdrawing funds at ATMs across the U.S.
The card is just like any other bank debit card with only a few minor exceptions. The main one is that it uses your Cash App balance and transactions are debited out of your app’s account.
You can also use it to invest in Bitcoin and other stocks.
Bitcoin is easy with Cash App. Drop your $cashtag and we’ll show you.
Must follow @cashapp to qualify. No purc nec. Void where proh. Ends 2/5 https://t.co/nbaj8oN0Vh pic.twitter.com/s6gJ3DuMj8
— Cash App (@CashApp) February 5, 2021
The card is free and you can request it once you have set up your Cash App account. The card operates on the Visa platform and is thus accepted in any place where you would use a Visa debit or credit card.
For example, offline stores, online stores, Google Play purchases, ATMs, among others.
How to load money on your Cash App card?
There are several ways to add funds to your Cash App card. Below is a look at them:
1. Load money on Cash App card online
One of the easiest ways to load your Cash App card is by doing it online. The Cash App application offers a cash app loader where you can add funds.
Below is a look at how to do it:
- Launch the Cash App on your phone and go to the home screen
- Go to “My Cash” by tapping on the tab located at the bottom, far-left side of the screen
- Tap on the “Add Cash” tab and then enter the amount you want to load
- Confirm the amount then tap “Add”
- Verify the transaction using either your pin or Touch ID
When using this method, the money will come from the accounts or cards that your Cash App account is linked to. These include your Bitcoin wallet, credit card, debit, card, or even bank account.
If you have multiple accounts/cards linked, you will be asked to choose which one to use during the loading process.
You can also draw funds directly from the linked accounts and card if your Cash App balance is zero.
2. How to add money to a Cash App card at the ATM
ATMs are generally used for withdrawing cash from debit cards. However, it can also be possible to deposit money through them to your card.
This feature is offered by several financial institutions in the United States. Generally, you take your hard green cash to the ATM, deposit it, and the balance is loaded into your card or bank account.
Unfortunately, most institutions that offer this service only do so at the ATMs that they own. And since Cash App is a P2P (peer-to-peer) payment system, it does not own any ATMs.
Therefore, it is currently impossible to deposit cash directly to your Cash App card from an ATM.
However, there might be a workaround that can allow you to do so. Cash App allows you to link your account with debit cards.
Therefore, you can deposit funds from an ATM to a debit card that supports this service, then use it on your Cash App.
To make the ATM deposit:
- First, make sure that the debit card linked to your Cash App account supports loading finds through ATMs.
- Then, find an ATM that allows cash deposits to your card. You can find a list of such ATMs on your bank’s (or financial institution’s) website.
- Go to the ATM and access your account by inserting the debit card into the machine and entering your PIN.
- In the ATM transactions option, choose the deposit option. If you have more than one account linked to the same card, choose the account you want to fund.
- Insert the money bills to the correct amount that you want to deposit
- Once deposited, the transaction will be processed and you will receive a receipt. The money will then be added to your debit card.
With the funds in your debit card, you can use it to load your Cash App account. Alternatively, you can draw funds directly from the debit card when using your Cash App card to make payments.
Here’s a video of the process:
3. Load money on Cash App card in a store
Loading money at a retail store is a method that is quite popular with pre-paid debit card users. Recently, Cash App introduced this option as a way for users to add funds to their accounts.
The process is quite simple; you just need to walk into a participating store, go to the cashier, and ask them to load your card.
There are several retail stores where you can load your Cash App card. They include Walmart, Walgreens, Family Dollar, CVS, 7 Eleven, Rite Aid, Dollar General, and Target, among others.
4. Cash App money transfer or paycheck deposit
Aside from loading cash online or at retail stores, there are a few other ways you can add funds to your Cash App card.
One of them is through money transfer, where another person sends you money to your Cash app account. Once the balance appears in your account, you can access it through your debit card.
The second way is through direct deposit of your paycheck, another service offered by the Cash App. However, for this to happen, you will need to enable direct deposits from your employer.
Below is a look at how to do this:
- Launch the Cash App card on your phone and go to the home screen
- Tap on the “Banking” tab and then go to “Deposits & Transfers“.
- Get the direct deposit form and fill in your employer’s info. You will also be asked to provide the amount to be deposited by your employer.
- Once you have filled in the form, sign to verify the details.
- Then, get the email form and enter the employer’s email address.
- Tap on send to complete setting up the direct deposit
With the direct deposit activated, you will receive your paycheck on the Cash App, which you can then use through the debit card.
The Cash App card is a convenient debit card that allows you to shop with ease at various online and offline stores/cashier points.
However, since it operates on a peer-to-peer platform, loading it can prove daunting.
Thankfully, with the above information, you can now be able to fund your card with ease. Whether it is online loading, deposit at a retail store, or linking it to your bank or cards, you have several options.
You can also receive paychecks on the Cash App, or have someone send you money directly, which you can then access with your card.