Are you constantly scrolling down your YouTube subscriptions and getting lost in the maze? Are you at a loss on how to organize your subscriptions? Worry no more as your YouTube life is about to get a facelift.
If you are looking for an in-house solution, you’ll realize that YouTube does not give you a variety of ways to categorize subscriptions. However, there are simple ways you can use to achieve this.
The best way to organize your YouTube subscriptions is by using PocketTube. You can also use an RSS reader or create properly labeled playlists. Here’s a detailed explanation of each method.
This is a browser extension that can help you organize YouTube subscriptions. It is free on the Chrome Web Store and Mozilla Firefox Add-Ons store.
Here are the steps to follow to add the extension on any of the two browsers:
- Visit the Chrome Web Store or Mozilla Firefox Add-ons store
- Choose and install “PocketTube: YouTube Subscription Manager”
- Open YouTube
The extension will be added to your YouTube menu. If you had opened YouTube before adding the extension, refresh the page to view the extension on the left-hand side of the menu.
- Under the “Subscription Groups” dropdown, create groups
These groups should represent your subscriptions’ genre and click on the (+) sign to save the groups.
- Select a subscription
- Click on the ‘Save’ button to move it to your group of choice
You can also click on the groups you’ve created and drag the subscriptions to the group of your choice. You can save one subscription to different groups as well.
How to organize subscriptions on Android
PocketTube also comes as a free app from Google Play Store to help you organize YouTube subscriptions on Android.
Follow these simple steps:
- Download the app and activate it with your Google account
- Click ‘Allow’ to grant permissions to all requests
- Click on “Create Group”
- Give a name for the group and select ‘Create’
- Click on the group folder name
- Tap on the + sign at the bottom and select a subscription
The subscription will be saved in your new folder. This browser extension can be quite useful for organizing hundreds of subscriptions.
Using an RSS reader
An RSS feeder is also one of the ways you can apply to manage your subscriptions. Feedly is a highly recommended free online RSS reader that you can use to manage YouTube subscriptions. You only need to follow these simple steps:
- Open YouTube
- On the URL, add “/subscription_manager and click search
It should read, youtube.com/subscription_manager.
- Click on “Export Subscriptions”
You can find the downloaded XML file on the bottom left of your screen.
- Search Feedly to open the homepage
- Create an account and activate it
- On the menu click on the letter representing your username
- Select “Organize Sources”
- Click on “Import OPML”
- Click on “Choose OPML File”
All your Alphabetized subscriptions will steadily appear on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click on the lines close to ‘All’
- Select “Organize Feeds”
- Scroll down and click on “Create New Feed”
- Create one feed at a time and click on ‘Save’
All the feeds you’ve created will appear on top of the subscriptions. Now drag your subscriptions one at a time to the appropriate feed. Click on ‘Confirm’ to validate your selection.
Upon opening a feed, you will find your organized subscriptions. You can click on the dot and line icon on your top right to arrange them in different styles. If you have many subscriptions to organize then an RSS reader is the right choice to use.
Organize by creating playlists
Creating playlists on YouTube is yet another simple way to organize YouTube subscriptions into folders. The steps involved are simple and easy to complete.
- Open YouTube
- Choose a video subscription
- Click on the ‘Save’ icon
- Click on “Create a New Playlist”
- Name the playlist
- Click on ‘Create’
You can find your new playlists on the YouTube menu and you can move your subscriptions to the right playlist. This is a fun way of organizing a few subscriptions.
Finding your favorite YouTube channels made easier!
Your YouTube subscriptions do not have to feel like a digital jungle anymore. These methods of organizing your subscriptions are easy to and fast to utilize. They give you the power to arrange your content in the right categories and in as many of them as you would like.
You can now find your subscriptions easily and get to enjoy your favorite videos on both your computer and on your android phone.