Angie’s List is an online company that offers review services for businesses and consumers. If you want to access specific reviews on the company’s website, you will have to pay either a monthly or an annual plan. For example, you will get nationwide access to ratings and reviews and live member care support.
The site also has free services where you get reviews and ratings on a variety of companies. That also means you can cancel Angie’s List monthly subscriptions and continue with the free service.
But not all services are free. The company has three tiers of membership – green, silver, and gold. In the past, the services cost an annual membership fee of $9.99.
Today, green membership allows free access to different companies in over 700 categories. That comes with verified ratings, reviews, and receiving the company’s digital magazine.
The silver category costs $24.99 per year, and the gold membership costs $99.99 per year. With the premium services, you will get access to improved customer services and quality and pricing guarantees.
But if you are already a member, you can cancel Angie’s List anytime. Here is how to do it.
Here’s how to cancel Angie’s List online
- Log in to your Angie’s List account
- Go to Manage My Account page
- Click Cancel Auto-Renew
The procedure will cancel your paid membership. You will not access the premium services, but you will read reviews and see ratings for free.
Cancelling by mail
You can also end your subscription by mail. Here is how.
- Compose a letter to the company stating you want to discontinue your premium plan and cancel phone number.
- Give information about your account and identity.
- Send your letter to Angie’s List. The address is 1030 East Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202, via First Class Certified mail
Cancelling by Phone, Email, and Fax
Another option is to cancel by phone. For that, you will have to call customer support hotline at (866) 623-6088. You can only use the number if your plan includes live phone support. If not, send a fax to (888) 828-5478.
You can also send a request to the company to discontinue your annual plan. Write an email with all the relevant information and send it to email@example.com.
You must submit your cancellation request no later than 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. It must be on the business day before your renewal date. Otherwise, your subscription will renew automatically.
That option is not necessary if you are discontinuing the service from the company’s website. The above procedures are the same, even for those that want to cancel Angie’s List advertising plan.
The company issues refunds for all its paying members. Here are the rules for Angie’s List membership refund.
- If your plan automatically renews, you will get a refund only if you cancel your subscription within 30 days after your renewal date.
- Your refund cannot exceed the amount you paid during the prior membership term.
- If Angie’s List terminates your account without breaching membership agreement, you will get a refund.
You should read the company’s Membership Agreement for more information on refunds.
You can cancel Angie’s List subscription anytime and continue enjoying free services. The best way of cancelling is online because it is easy and fast. If you want a refund, write to the company or contact them by email or phone.