“We’re sorry your package is late…” You have probably received a message like this while waiting for your package from Amazon.
This message informs you that your package may be delivered past Amazon’s standard delivery time, usually from 8 in the morning to 8 at night.
Possible reasons why your package is late
As you may know, Amazon is a worldwide, internet-based enterprise and errors are bound to occur, leading to unintended delays in delivery.
Some of the reasons why your package is late are listed below:
- The address given is incorrect
- The area of residence indicated in the address cannot be located or accessed.
- Extreme weather conditions.
- She delayed worldwide custom procedures.
Does Amazon refund if the delivery is late?
Suppose the delivery of your package was provided with a ‘Guaranteed’ delivery service, and a delivery attempt is not made by the agreed date.
In that case, you’ll be refunded any shipping fees you paid for that order. However, to qualify for this refund, the shipping method you selected has to be a shipping option advertised on the details of the product.
Amazon may also offer alternative means as compensation, either by extending your Amazon Prime subscription by a month or awarding you a credit on your Amazon account.
How do I contact Amazon for the “next steps”?
Amazon recommends you contact them through their customer service phone number, 1-888-280-4331. This helpline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. However, you will have to be patient.
First, you will be on hold, then answer questions from their service bot and eventually talk to someone. Finally, the customer care staff will locate your order and explain why your package was not delivered.
Alternatively, you can contact Amazon via email from the following addresses:
If neither of these two methods works for you, you can contact Amazon from their website using the live chat option. To do so:
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Navigate to the Help Page and select Something Else, which is at the top.
- Choose I need more help.
- Amazon’s automated messenger bot will open in a new tab and request for your what your issue is. Respond by saying, Talk to a representative.
- Of the few options the chatbot will give you, select either Chat with an associate now or ask for a call.
How can I notify Amazon that my package is late?
Tell Amazon your package hasn’t arrived on time so their Customer Care can look into it.
If your package arrives late, you can report it by following the steps below:
- Go to Amazon’s contact page.
- Click on the order you made.
- Select Problem With Order.
- Click on Shipping or delivery issues.
- Select Shipment is late.
Amazon will investigate your claim after you submit it.
What steps do I take to avoid late package delivery?
Amazon delivering your order late may be inconvenient, especially if it is an urgent package.
To avoid future occurrences of this, it is advised to do the following:
- Regularly track your package, confirming the estimated delivery date.
- Ensure the shipping address for the order is correct.
- Update your address information if needed and include delivery instructions in your address.
- Follow up on the payment processing.
- Wait 48 hours in case of unexpected delays.