The Turbo debit card offers an easier and faster way of getting access to your tax refunds. That can happen if you choose the debit card as a medium for receiving your Federal tax refund. It also saves you money and time by allowing you to get payroll up to two days earlier, send money to others, and pay your bills. But to start using it, the first step is to make sure that you activate My Turbo card.
When you activate the Turbo Debit Card, you can use it to withdraw your money from banks and ATMs. You can also use it to shop in-store or online anywhere in the USA, where a merchant or a business is accepting Visa Debit cards. But to enjoy the benefits that come with using it, you need to activate it. Follow the steps below to get started.
How to activate the Turbo debit card
The steps for activating the card are straightforward. Ideally, you have three options:
1. Activating Turbo Debit Card Online
To activate the card online:
- Visit intuit.com
- Click on Activate Card.
- Enter your card information in the form provided.
- The information includes the 16-digit card number, the card’s expiration date, and the CVV.
- The CVV is a 3-digit Security Code on the back of the card printed on the right side of the signature panel.
- Once done, click on Next.
Follow the instructions displayed to complete the activation. Note that you will have to create a 4-digit PIN when activating the TurboTax prepaid card.
2. Activate Turbo Debit Card by Phone
To activate it by phone, call the toll-free number at (888) 285-4169. You will need the 16-digit card number and the CVV when activating by phone. Also, you will have to set a PIN, which you will use when making purchases or withdrawing at an ATM.
3. Activate Turbo Debit Card using an App
Another convenient option you can use to activate the turbo prepaid card is by using the Turbo Debit Visa Card app. Here is how:
- Download and install the app from either the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the app, and then tap Get Started.
- Follow the prompts to activate the card.
Ensure to provide accurate information during activation to avoid inconveniences in the future.
What are the benefits of activating the TurboTax debit card?
Some of the benefits of activating TurboTax debit card include:
- Access to free ATM networks.
- No overdraft fees charged.
- No minimum balance fee or penalty fees.
- Pay your bills anytime, anywhere.
- Get your payment two days earlier before payday.
- Get access to government benefits even before the maturity date.
The card also gives you an easier and faster way of getting your tax refund from the IRS.
How to check the balance on the Turbo debit card
Use the following methods to check your Turbo Debit Card balance.
- Text the word BAL followed by the last four digits of your card number to 43411, e.g. BAL 0000.
- Use your Turbo user ID to check your balance online. You can set up one if you do not have it.
- Use the Turbo Card app to check your balance
You can also sign up for text alerts on your mobile to receive daily balance alerts automatically. Call customer care for more information.
The Turbo Debit Card gives you a fast and convenient way of accessing your payroll of government benefits. It also saves you money by allowing you to withdraw from ATMs nationwide for free. But before using it, you must activate the Turbo Tax card and set a 4-digit PIN.