Are you a group owner on Roblox? One of the top online gaming platforms, Roblox allows you to create groups, and form a community with other members.
Members have privileges and responsibilities depending on their ranks, with the group owner being at the top.
But what if you are no longer interested in being the group admin? Perhaps you don’t have time to manage the group, or want to leave? What can you do then?
Below, we have covered in detail how to change a group owner on Roblox by transferring it to another person.
Roblox group admin privileges
Before looking at how to change group ownership, it is a good idea to understand the various roles and privileges of the rank.
So, what does an admin do in Roblox groups? Basically, they manage the group, something that contains several different aspects such as:
- Creating and changing group information (image and description)
- Setting the group joining requirements
- Accepting or denying group join requests
- Removing members from the group
- Changing group members’ rankings
- Creating and assigning new ranks and roles for members
- Changing permissions for group members
- Advertising the group
- Managing group funds
- Declaring other groups as either allies or enemies and more.
How to change group ownership on Roblox
- Open Roblox.com and log into your account
- Click on the three-line menu icon located at the top-left corner of the page
- Scroll down to Groups and select your group
- Click on the Group Admin button to access the group admin page
- Scroll down and click on Settings
- Go to Change Group Owner and enter the name of the username of the member you want to transfer ownership to in the text box
- Click on the Make Change A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm the change. Click on Yes to confirm.
Who can become a new Roblox group owner?
Not everyone can become a group owner. To start with, you can only transfer ownership to your group members.
What about eligible ranks? Can you transfer the group to a member that has no premium? The answer is no. Before, you needed a premium account to create a group, meaning that only premium members could become owners.
While this has changed (non-premiums can create a group), the ownership rule is still in effect.
What happens after transferring ownership of Roblox groups
Transferring ownership of the group means handing over the rank and all the privileges that come with it.
As a result, once you make the change, you will lose all the perks that the position comes with it.
On top of that, you will be demoted to the lowest rank, just like that a new member.
Are you looking to transfer ownership of your Roblox group? The guide above gives you all the information you need to do it.
However, before making the change, you should carefully consider your decision as you lose all the privileges. But, if you are sure, go ahead and hand over the group.