Is MyChevrolet app not working? Wondering how to fix it? Don’t worry; you’re in the right place.
MyChevrolet is an excellent application that makes owning a car easier and more fun. It comes with unique features such as a remote key fob, remote start, vehicle location and status updates, roadside assistance, service schedule, and more.
You can access all of these services from your mobile phone, even when away from your car. Unfortunately, some Chevrolet owners have had issues where the app is not working.
If the Chevrolet app behaves strangely, some troubleshooting can help identify the problem and fix it. Below, we have compiled some of the most common Chevy app problems, troubleshooting tips, and various solutions that you can attempt.
Common MyChevrolet app problems
My Chevy app users have raised several issues. Below is a look at the most common ones:
- My Chevrolet app remote start is not working
- Chevrolet app won’t let me log in
- MyChevrolet app won’t start (stuck on black screen)
- Chevrolet app is not showing a key fob
- MyChevrolet app updates are not working
- MyChevrolet app is not updating vehicle status
How to troubleshoot MyChevy app issues
Have you encountered any of the problems above when using the Chevy app? Below is a look at how you can troubleshoot and fix the issue:
1. MyChevrolet app remote start is not working
If you are having problems with the remote start function on the My Chevy app, below are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Make sure that the remote start function is enabled for your vehicle. For this, you need to have a factory-installed remote start system, such as the OnStar system.
- Make sure to follow the correct start procedure, i.e., long-press the lock, unlock, then start/stop button.
- Ensure that the car is in an ideal start mode. For example, the car will not start remotely if it is not in park mode, the coolant and oil pressure are too low, the car hood is unlatched, hazard lights are on, or the “Check Engine Light” is on.
- Wait a few minutes before trying to start – if you press the start button too soon after the last failed start, the function won’t work. So, wait a short while, then try using the app again.
- If remote start is still not working, your app could be the issue. So first, ensure that it is up to date. If not, download and install the latest version from App Store or Google Play Store.
- Clear the app data and cache on your phone – this can help get rid of corrupted files that could affect the app functionality.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app. In most cases, this will get rid of the issue.
- If you are still not able to start your car remotely, the Chevy app servers could be down. In this case, you can contact My Chevrolet Customer support or wait for the issue out.
2. Chevrolet app won’t let me log in
Log in issues are another common problem many Chevy app users have complained about. If you are unable to log into your app, here are a few solutions you can use to fix the issue:
- Ensure you are using the correct login details. If you have forgotten the details, hit the forgot password button to reset them.
- If you are a new user, make sure you use the registered email at the care owner centre.
- Ensure you have an OnStar plan – you need it to use the app, and it can be either basic (free plan) or premium.
- Check your Wi-Fi connection and make sure it is working and stable.
- Check that you have the latest Chevy app version. If not, update it, or download and install a new version from Play Store or App Store.
- If you can’t still log in, the problem could be a glitch in the app. Close it, restart your phone and try logging in.
- Clear your app’s data and cache to eliminate any corrupted files. If the issue persists, you can uninstall the app and download a fresh copy.
- Login issues could also arise from server-side problems on the My Chevy app. But, again, you can wait for the issue out or contact customer support.
3. Chevrolet app won’t start (stuck on black screen)
Is your Chevy app not loading or crashing when you try to launch it? Below are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
- First, make sure that your device supports the MyChevrolet app. If using an older device, the app won’t work well.
- Ensure your phone has access to a stable internet connection. If you are experiencing Wi-Fi connectivity issues, you can fix them by restarting your router or switching to a mobile data connection.
- Sometimes, the loading issues stem from the app being out-of-date. So first, check that you have the latest version of the app, and if not, go to Apple App Store or Google Play Store and update your app.
- If the issue persists, you can reset the MyChevrolet app by clearing the cache and app data. Doing this will wipe everything clean of the app, allowing you to start afresh.
- Try restarting your phone. In most cases, you can resolve temporary glitches in the app by rebooting your device.
- If you are still having issues with your app starting, you can try deleting it and installing a fresh copy.
- Sometimes, an issue on MyChevrolet app servers could be causing the app not to start. In this case, you can only wait out the issue or try contacting My Chevy app customer support.
4. Chevrolet app is not showing a key fob
Has the key fob icon disappeared from your Chevy app? Try the solutions below:
- Ensure that you are using a stable Wi-Fi connection. The remote function stops working most of the time due to poor or no internet connection. If using mobile data, make sure that the data is turned on.
- Ensure that the Chevy app has access to your device’s internet. If not, go to Settings > Cellular/Network settings and turn on data access for the MyChevrolet app.
- Close your app, then restart your device. The issue could be a temporary bug, glitch, or corrupted files and settings, which can be resolved by rebooting the device.
- Clear your app’s cache. Stored cache data can become corrupted, interfering with some functionalities. Clear the cache, then restart the app.
- Update your Chevy app to the latest version available on the official app store.
- If the problem persists, the app could be the issue. You can resolve it by uninstalling and reinstalling a new copy of the application.
- The Chevy app could also be experiencing outages or slowed functionality due to heavy app usage. Wait it out for a few hours, then try again.
5. MyChevrolet app updates are not working
An out-of-date Chevy app can cause you many problems, making it hard to access some features. If you are having trouble updating your app, below are some solutions you can try.
- Ensure that you are using a stable Wi-Fi connection. Also, check that your App store has access to the internet, and updates are set to automatic.
- Check that you have enough storage in your phone for the updated files to download.
- Restart your phone. Sometimes, the update could be to temporary bugs in the app, which you can resolve by rebooting your device.
- Remove and install a new copy of the app. It could be that your app files have been corrupted completely. You could also be experiencing issues if you downloaded the app from a third-party source. In this case, the best thing to do is delete the app and download the latest version from the official app store of your device.
- Uninstall and install a fresh copy – it could be that your app files are corrupted,
6. MyChevrolet app is not updating vehicle status
The Chevy app should be showing vehicle status information, including location, charge, tire pressure, range, etc. The information should update regularly.
If you are not receiving these updates, you can try the solutions below:
- Check that you have an internet connection. You need a stable connection to get the updates.
- Manually refresh the vehicle status page. You can do this by going into the vehicle status page, swiping down, and then releasing. Your updates will refresh, and the app will display the current data.
- Check your Chevy app to make sure it is up-to-date. An out-of-date app can have some glitches with some functionalities.
- Restart your device. The app could be experiencing glitches, which you can fix by restarting your phone.
You can use the Chevy app to unlock a car, get its current location, access the vehicle status, and even turn the engine on and off, among other users.
However, several issues might arise, making it frustrating to use the app. But, with the above troubleshooting tips, you can fix the problem with your app and restore its functionality.