Roblox is one of the most popular gaming platforms that allows you to build games and interactive places using building units like bricks. A Tycoon game in Roblox is designed to allow you to create your own base (company or business) which increases your purchasing power in the game.
To build a Tycoon from Scratch, you will need programming skills. This makes the game more challenging and exciting. Don’t sweat, this guide will help you to make a Tycoon in Roblox easily:
A step-by-step guide to making a Tycoon in Roblox
- Open Roblox Studio on your browser and log in
- Click Insert Tab then Tools for you to open the tools panels easily
- Select Categories then scroll down to Faceplates
- Click on a thumbnail of your choice and wait for it to appear on the world viewer
- Click Categories and scroll to Tycoon Start Kits
- Select your preferred thumbnail. It should appear in the world viewer
- Click Categories and select a category that has things you would like your Tycoon to have. For example, you could select a brick if you want your Tycoon to own a brick company.
- Rename the item you selected in the step above once it appears in the world viewer
- Click Insert and choose Explorer to open the Explorer Panel
- Double-click the workspace folder to see items in your Tycoon Starter Kit. Right-click the button then select Copy. Press Ctrl+V to paste it to the workspace.
- Hold and drag the item you renamed earlier (that your tycoon will earn money from) and drop it into the tycoon starter kit folder.
- Right-click on the button you selected above and add a call-to-action such as “Get A for 50 points” where A represents a product that you intend to sell.
- Double-click the Script tag in the tycoon button folder that you created above to open the script that it executes.
- Delete the word “Upgrader” from the first line of the code and replace it with the item you intend to sell.
- Change “UpgradeCost” in the next line to the cost of the object. Zero means that the object is free.
- Once you are done, drag the button to the tycoon starter kit folder inside the explorer panel.
- Repeat these steps to create different buttons that give players items to complete in the game. It is better to create a list of items that you need first so that you won’t forget crucial buttons.
With the steps provided above, you will be on your way to making your first Tycoon game on Roblox. Start with a simple tycoon button game before you introduce new objects as you learn how to use Roblox Studio to create a Tycoon game from scratch.