There are moments when you try to access your AT&T a couple of times, but the app does not respond.
This is just one type of error associated with the AT&T app setup. The app has a few bugs that constantly reduce the good experience anticipated with the app.
It is important to note the particular reason that causes your app not to function.
This is because the AT&T app not working is a general application error. Sometimes you may encounter specific issues such as the AT&T app not logging in to your account.
To fix these errors, certain procedures must be followed, and we will address them in this post.
Method 1: Restart your device
This is the first procedure to undertake when your AT&T app becomes faulty. It should be able to fix all minor errors that the app might be experiencing.
If this does not address your problem, you should move on to the next method listed below. The correct steps to follow when restarting are listed.
- Restart your device
- Open my AT&T immediately after the restart
- Re-enter your user ID and password to sign in. Ensure you provide the correct credentials.
Method 2: Update the AT&T app
You will need to update the application if the restart does not eliminate your problem. Find if there are any available updates for the application.
This is especially necessary if you have not set the application to update automatically as soon as updates are available.
To make the update follow these steps;
- Open App Store or Google PlayStore depending on your phone
- Tap the updates tab at the bottom of your display
- Look for my AT&T app under the list of pending application updates.
- If an update is available, the option will be displayed on the right-hand side of the app. Tap the update option.
Follow these steps if you use an Android phone and encounter an error while checking for updates.
Method 3: Reinstall the application
In case your app is up to date but is still not working, the next step you may want to try out is uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
By deleting and clearing all data on the app, you are able to start afresh. This clears all unnecessary preferences previously selected. To do this, follow the steps;
- Delete the AT&T app from your phone or tablet
- Download the application again. Find the latest version available.
- Visit m.att.com/myattapp to get the download.
- Install the application
- Launch it and then sign in
Method 4: update your phone’s software
If still your problem persists, ensure you have the latest operating system on your phone.
This is because the current versions of my AT&T app are supported by more recent software versions. Install the latest available operating system update and launch the application.
Method 5: Contact AT&T Support
Finally, if you have correctly attempted all the above procedures but the AT&T app is still not working, you might need to contact the support center for further assistance.