You can use the Sonic Drive-In app to order and pay with your mobile device. You will get rewards and offers, discover new items, and do more, like checking nutritional information.
And if you do not like queuing, you can order ahead and be the first in line. But if you have installed the app on your iPhone, does Sonic take Apple Pay as a payment option?
You can use your iPhone’s Apple Pay wallet to pay for any item you ordered at Sonic Drive-In. Apple Pay is one of the many contactless payment methods accepted by Sonic Drive-In, apart from debit and prepaid cards.
Apple Pay is a secure payment method. When used, your device or Apple will not send your payment card number to the Sonic app.
How to pay with the Sonic app during purchase
Paying with the Sonic app is straightforward. If you have a default card, here is what you should do:
- Go to the checkout section of the Sonic app.
- Tap on the Apple Pay button. Alternatively, select Apple Pay as your preferred payment method.
- Review the payment information provided.
- Complete the payment by double-clicking the side button on your iPhone if you have Face ID.
- Use Face ID or passcode to authenticate.
- If you do not have Face ID on your phone, use Touch ID or passcode.
Once the payment goes through, you will see Done and a checkmark.
You can change your default card through the Sonic app for Apple Pay. If you have a different card and you want to pay with your phone at Sonic, do the following:
- Open your Wallet. Your default card will appear when you start the payment process.
- Tap on it and then choose another card.
- Authenticate yourself using Touch ID, passcode, or Face ID.
- Complete the payment by holding the top of your iPhone near the card reader.
- When you see Done and a checkmark, the payment is successful.
If you have many cards in your Wallet, tap on your preferred card to change to a different one. Unfortunately, Sonic does not store default cards.
Therefore, you will have to select a different card anytime you want to pay with Apple Pay.
Ready to use Sonic with Apple Pay?
You can use your iPhone’s Apple Pay wallet to pay for any item you ordered at Sonic Drive-In.
However, Apple Pay is secure and does not send your payment card number to merchants. Therefore, you must tap the Apple Pay button in the Sonic app to complete your payment.