Tic Tac Toe is an interesting game that you can play anytime on your computer or phone. It is a zero-sum game which means if all the players play to their best ability it should certainly end in a draw. There are some simple strategies if well mastered you may have an edge over your opponents.
Tic Tac Toe is particularly tricky to win against a computer. The AI usually optimizes its chances and you need to be up to speed to keep up or even win the game.
Tic Tac Toe gameplay and rules
Most people think that this game is about your mathematical ability. However, this is not the case. Tic Tac Toe is a simple strategy algorithm. The player has to form a pattern with their symbols. The pattern has to be in a straight line adjacent to each other.
To win Tic Tac Toe 5 in a row you need to think before making every single move. The easiest way to learn the game is by playing on a 3×3 grid. This will familiarize you with the moves and possibilities before advancing to other grids.
Read Also: How to win every time in 8-ball pool
How to beat a computer at Tic Tac Toe
Follow these tips when playing Tic Tac Toe against a computer:
- Always make the first move: The first will set you up nicely to challenge the computer. With the first move, you have the freedom to pick the prime positions on the board. The best place to start is the corners of the grid. The corners give you options that are easier to fill without the opponent noticing.
- Always counter effectively when they go first: It is always key to counter each move with the aim of blocking rather than building. Whenever the computer makes a move they aim to build to a win. Focus on countering their play than building yours. Keep in mind that the computer tries to use minimum moves to win.
- Block your opponent’s sides: Always counter the right, left, top and bottom sides of your opponent. This will limit the moves they can make while giving you an upper hand to build on that.
- Use the three-corner strategy: Place your symbols in three of the four corners of the board. This increases the chances of getting three in a row because of the ability to create diagonal and vertical rows. Stick to the strategy if the opponent does not read it and starts to build from another side.
- Always know a Tic Tac Toe draw is the most likely outcome: When you are eager to win is when you make the most mistakes. On Tic Tac Toe each and every move counts heavily. Do not be highly offensive and forget to watch your opponent.
With these steps, you should be able to properly take on a computer. Understand there are impossible moves that will only make you lose. All the symbols should be line for you to win. When gaming against Google, always be the first one to play.