Skype is one of the several communication applications that are available for Windows users. It’s also one of the best, given that you can connect with your friends free of charge all over the world – through Skype text chat. However, like any other application, the app might be prone to issues from time to time.
One of the most common issues with the chat service is the ctrl+v double pasting. This is where Skype pastes everything twice when you press the send or enter button. While it might not seem like a big deal, it can be very annoying, for both you and your contacts.
Thankfully, we have compiled all the information about the issue below, from possible causes to practical solutions.
Skype pastes everything twice in Windows – what are the possible reasons?
Are you experiencing copy and paste issues with Skype? Below are some of the top reasons for the problem:
- Glitches that are caused after updating your PC due to corrupted update files
- An outdated Skype app
- Compatibility issues with other Windows apps and programs
- Corrupted Skype installation files
- A glitch caused by a left-over service that is affecting the clipboard
Fortunately, the double pasting issue can be easily fixed with several solutions. Here are some of the top ones:
1. Restarting your PC
If Skype pastes everything twice, it could be due to some minor glitches and bugs on your PC. Fortunately, the issue can be fixed by restarting your PC. For example, some compatibility issues with some programs, or a glitch that is caused by a left-over running process.
A restart can also fix other minor issues such as corrupted application files. To restart your PC, simply click on the Windows button, then the power button, and select restart.
2. Resetting/repairing the application
Aside from restarting your PC, you can also fix glitches such as bugs and corrupted installation files by resetting or repairing the Skype app. To do this:
- Open Settings on your PC
- Go to System> Apps & features
- Select Skype, and click on Advanced options
- Click on the Reset button or Repair
3. Update Skype to the latest version
An outdated application is another reason why you could be experiencing double pasting issue when using the application. Thankfully, you can easily solve this by updating the application to the latest version. To do this:
- Launch the Skype and sign in to your account
- On the app interface, click on the “Help” button at the top menu bar
- In the drop-down menu list, click on “Check for updates”. The app will update to the latest version.
4. Remove and re-install any recent programs
Are you still having issues with Skype when pasting in the chat service? Another possible issue could be compatibility issues with other Windows apps or programs. This is especially so if the issues started occurring after installing a program or application.
To fix it, simply remove and re-install the program and then try using Skype again. Also, be sure to download the latest version of the said app or program from a verified download site.
5. Re-install Windows updates
Did Skype start acting up after updating your operating system? Chances are the updates that came with bugs or corrupted files, which are affecting the application.
It is also possible for the files to be corrupted during the installation of updates. To avoid this situation where Skype pastes everything twice, simply remove the updates and restore them again.
To do this:
- Open the settings app on your PC and go to Updates & Security
- On the “Windows Update page” select “View update history”
- In the opened window select “Uninstall updates”. A control panel will open up with a list of all the installed updates.
- Click on the “Updated for Microsoft Windows” and then click on “Uninstall updates”. Confirm your decision to remove them.
- Once the updates have been removed go back to Updates & Security and download fresh updates
Are you experiencing duplicate pasting issues on Skype? It can be a frustrating experience trying to chat with your friends. Luckily, the above solution can help fix the issue. And if the problem persists, there are other alternatives, such as using the right-click pasting option or using Web (browser) skype. If all else fails, you can get in touch with Skype Support team and explain your issue.